Binary trigger??

Anything MG42 related.
dturner5185
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter
Anti-spam: Mg42

Binary trigger??

Post by dturner5185 »

I was wondering if anyone has or heard of anyone using a binary trigger on a semi auto mg42 build?? I am going to get a gunsmith to eventually turn my m53 parts kit into a semi auto but would love to have something like a binary trigger on it to at least make it closer to a full auto even though it still won't be full auto.
Here's a vid from YouTube of a binary trigger

https://youtu.be/UVJHVqgXRVI
blackreichswehr
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Re: Binary trigger??

Post by blackreichswehr »

maybe not ,the FABFS is set up for ar15 bolt ,i don't think the principle is there for a long semi-auto bolt stroke?
dturner5185
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by dturner5185 »

Does anyone know of any other type of system like the binary trigger that could possibly be incorporated into a semi auto mg42?
Has anyone ever used some sort of Gatling gun style trigger device successfully?
I was wondering if I could get a gunsmith to install some sort of trigger device that would manipulate the trigger faster!! The 1919 guys have that Gatling device for their semis! I would assume that someone could manufacture something along those lines for the mg42 semis out there. Maybe something that could be used with the tripod perhaps?!
Sparky88
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by Sparky88 »

Ill be working on mine as soon as I get my Wiselite sorted out.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

If you mount your mg42/m53 on a mg3 lafette, all you do is bump the handle and it will eat up your belt of ammo real quick. Not as fast as the real thing but fast.

Later 42rocker
dturner5185
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by dturner5185 »

Thanks! Will the other tripods work as good as the mg3 for bump fire or is the mg3 the better option as far as bump firing goes??!
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Not sure what kind of answer/advice you're looking for here.

You could mount a binary trigger. If it's legal for other firearms, it should be legal for a semi 42 firearm.

You could mount a crank device. If it's legal for other firearms, it should be legal for a semi 42 firearm.

You could mount a bump stock. If it's legal for other firearms, it should be legal for a semi 42 firearm.

You could develop something new, submit it to ATF for a determination of its legality, and if it's legal, you could make and sell them to everyone else.

Do your research to decide what is best for you.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Tripods, well I own several MG42 Lafette / tripods and 1 mg3 lafette / tripod. Going to use the term Lafette from this point on.
MG3 Lafette I have shot and watched others shoot off their MG3 Lafette and watched them just set the firing lever straight out at horizontal and then just bump it down as fast as they can. Now the MG42 Lafette you have to squeeze your hand to fire. Ok, squeeze, open, squeeze, open, squeeze, open, squeeze, open - fast but not as fast an action. How fast can you tap your hand on the desk in front of you???? Now how fast can you open close same hand????
Really both are fast enough to start draining my pocket of ammo and money.
Another thought is to spend a lot of money and buy one of those registered ar 15 sears that make a semi auto ar15 into a full auto. After all most semi auto MG42's use an ar15 lower.
Interesting thoughts on this. Good Luck with it. Let us know of any ideas that you come up with.
Myself I'm going to try to save a little ammo and money shooting a little bit slower. That said once or twice is still fun.

Later 42rocker
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Using a registered drop in auto sear for an AR15 would be an interesting project. You'd have to figure out how to get the timing right (how to make the bolt bump it at the right moment to release the hammer), but I don't see why that couldn't be done.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com