Approval letter

Anything MG34 related.
zb37
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Approval letter

Post by zb37 »

I need an approval letter from the batf for an mg34 semi auto design. Does anyone know where I can find one.
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Re: Approval letter

Post by www.Prussia.us »

If you have a new design, then you must contact the ATF Tech Branch at Needy Road and make sure you have the credentials before you submit the design. In most jurisdictions a civilian can legally build a rifle (that includes semi-autos assuming no laws are violated i.e. SBR regs) however if your design is determined to be a newly manufactured "machine gun" then you may be in trouble. If you have an SOT then it provides some wiggle room but I do not think it is necessary, just a safe way to proceed.

On the other hand if you merely seek the letter because you have built your own receiver (re-weld) and you live in an area where you wish to have a piece of paper to give over zealous law enforcement should they show up with questions then your best bet may be to contact TNW and see if they are willing to give you a copy, while they have a newly manufactured receiver, likely the same alterations to avoid it being a "machine gun" as the re-welds were employed, except obviously TNW would simply not mill-out areas that rewelds had to fill in, etc., not sure if that helps. :?
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: Approval letter

Post by JBaum »

Each different design would have a different approval letter, if the design had ever been submitted for approval. Or are you simply looking for ANY letter, so that you can copy the design?

An approval letter isn't required for anything, it just makes life easier if there is a challenge to the validity of the design.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com