barrel shroud

Looking for something? Ask here.
rodom
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant
Anti-spam: Mg42

barrel shroud

Post by rodom »

Well guys I have so many parts left over, I'm looking for a barrel shroud section so I can start another build. I bought a .308 conversion, and now have all the 8mm parts left over. All I really need is the shroud, receiver and a few small parts to build another complete M53/MG42. If anyone has a spare shroud they're not gonna use, please drop me a line.
rodom
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Re: barrel shroud

Post by rodom »

I've tried the normal vendors like Apex, with no luck. I really don't need another kit, just the shroud and a few key parts. Any member out there have a spare they would give up?
rodom
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Post by rodom »

If anyone looses interest in their project, I would be willing to purchase all or part of their kit.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Knob Creek would be a good place to find what you want. It is April 8-10.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
rodom
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Post by rodom »

Hi John. Sorry but Knob Creek is probably not in the cards. I'm retired, but in poor health. It would stretch the checkbook too far. But I would love to hear about it, maybe you could post high lights. Always wanted to go there, all the noise and gunpowder in the air!!!
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

I have little opportunity to see any highlights at Knob Creek. I stand at my table (C17) from opening to closing, except for bathroom and food breaks.

Others will need to take up the reporting of any interesting events.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
rodom
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Post by rodom »

Hi John,
I completely understand. A few years ago I worked for a fellow who owned a Corvette restoration parts business. While I worked for him, we would stock a booth at "Corvettes at Carlise" Pa. All you saw was the builders buying parts from the time you got there and opened up, until you shut down for the evening. All sight seeing was done during trip to and from the bathroom, or the lunch counter. By the second or third day, we were hitting to hotel right afterward just to rest up. Never did see all of the show, but I met some great people.
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

Rodom.....this is going to sound really strange....but there is a member on this forum who can no longer log in and has been unsuccessful gaining access. He is a member on the 1919 forum (as am I) and asked that I reach out to you. I believe he has a shroud you may be interested in. Im going to PM you his contact info.
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
Jaredrlewman
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter

Post by Jaredrlewman »

I have a shroud if you havent found one yet. May even have the spares you seek too.
rodom
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Post by rodom »

Hi Scott,
I did reply to the fellow you PM'ed me about. I'm looking for the front shroud, as I do have extra parts from the build. To the other member who posted, please PM me with details as to what you have and pricing if you are comfortable whit doing so.