Introductions (or one way to increase your post count).

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
rodom
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: Introductions (or one way to increase your post count).

Post by rodom »

And in case you haven't noticed, I'm a lousy typist. That last line should have been I "say" thanks!
mppsharpshooter
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by mppsharpshooter »

HI
thanks for having me, I just bought an M53 kit and am anxious to assemble it. my boss has an mg-42 which is awesome. I found a 308 barrel and hope to find a receiver soon found some leads on the forum.
EBRWorks
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by EBRWorks »

New guy here. I'm an FFL07/02 SOT and already have a few other belt fed guns. I just acquired a post sample MG3, so I'm sure I will have questions about it. Still waiting on form 3 approval. Already learned a bunch by browsing here. I bought a '76 MG3 Lafette tripod and adapter 7 years ago for use with a 1919. Excited to finally have the correct gun to go with it! Gotta re-think my ammo supply for the new beast since I normally reload for the 1919. Triple the rate of fire of the 1919 is going to make my reloading arm sore! Thanks in advance for answering my stupid questions!
EBR Works
Type 07 FFL/Class 2 SOT
877-905-2673 Voice/FAX
info@ebrworks.com
www.ebrworks.com
Sutter75
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by Sutter75 »

Hi my name is Jim. Just bought a gutted mg42. I'm here to see if someone has a 8mm barrel? I will be hanging the Mg42 from the ceiling in my war room. Always loved the MG42. Had to have it. But the one I got of course has no barrel. If anybody could help me. I would appreciate it.
Sutter75
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by Sutter75 »

Hi, my name is Jim. I just bought a gutted Mg42 and original. I will be hanging it from the ceiling. The only thing is. I need a 8mm barrel. Doesn't look right without a barrel especially it's gonna be display piece. If any of you guys can help me or lead me into the right direction. It will appreciated. Both of my grandfathers fought in WW2 and it always fascinated me. Nothing beats having a Mg42 hanging from a ceiling when you have friends over. It's good to be in a forum with like minded people.
Waffentag
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Post by Waffentag »

Hi, I just joined and noticed some familiar names from the old G43/K43 and the K98forums. The old G43/K43 forum helped me get my PTR44 running. The K98 Forum helped me with reloading for my PTR44 and MP44.

The reason that I joined here: I just got a MG42 on a Form 5 and realized that beltfeds are a whole new ball game that require a deeper knowledge base. I having been buying reference books and trying to get smart on the what to do and what not to do with the MG42! It seems like,it can be a dangerous beast!

I figured that I would start reading the pinned and old posts before I started asking questions that have been asked before.

Thanks, Pat

PS, a special thanks to Salt for his patience and help getting me logged in.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Questions aren't stupid when the person asking doesn't know the answer. We may have heard the question before, but we were all born not knowing anything :)
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
akvalmet30
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by akvalmet30 »

Hello gang, my name is Jesse and I am new here, but have wanted to join for a while, finally got down time to do it. I have been an MG 42 fan ever since I walked into a gun store back in my late teens and saw an actual German MG42 for sale on di,splay in the store. The exotic look and attraction to this system sealed it for me, and I knew I just had to have one. Fast forward many years later to a family, mortgage, etc., the money never accumulated to buy that MG 42 or any MG42, but I managed to buy a new barrel (8mm) and an M53 parts kit. Here I hope to learn from others on how to legally create my pieces into a working design, and gain additional firearm/gunsmith knowledge. Also, I am a fan of the following systems: AK, PPS 43, PKM, MG 34, CZ 26, and many more.
SBGgunnerUK
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by SBGgunnerUK »

Hi Guys, a quick introduction: my name is Darren and I'm a member of the UK's premier Axis re-enactment group, the Second Battle Group. I portray an MG42 gunner, so I guess it was only logical for me to join this forum. I have a de-activated MG53 to use for battling as I would absolutely hate to damage an original weapon in the process and I also possess a Yugo Lafette that I intend to totally refurbish and try to make it look as close as possible to an original MG42 one. I hope to learn as much as I can from you guys and I am very impressed with the reference photos that you all have posted. I will certainly refer to them during the renovation process. Thanks guys.
EBRWorks
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Re: New Member Intro

Post by EBRWorks »

Another new guy here. I'm an FFL07/02 SOT and already have a few other belt fed guns. I just acquired a post sample MG3, so I'm sure I will have questions about it. Still waiting on form 3 approval. Already learned a bunch by browsing here. I bought a '76 MG3 Lafette tripod and adapter 7 years ago for use with a 1919. Excited to finally have the correct gun to go with it! Gotta re-think my ammo supply for the new beast since I normally reload for the 1919. Triple the rate of fire of the 1919 is going to make my reloading arm sore! Thanks in advance for answering my stupid questions.
EBR Works
Type 07 FFL/Class 2 SOT
877-905-2673 Voice/FAX
info@ebrworks.com
www.ebrworks.com
Velzey
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy

Post by Velzey »

Greetings!

Oh what an awesome site! Longtime gunsmith here, worked on many semi conversions for folks!

Best regards!
along
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Post by along »

Hey guys,

just joined the site and getting ready to start my mg42 semi build. So much to learn.

along
Mongoos913
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by Mongoos913 »

Hi Guys,

Here to learn and build... I've had a passion for the MG42 since I was 9 and shot one in full auto. An experience that I can remember as if it were yesterday.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Welcome to the crowd, you've come to the right place.

maddog51
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by maddog51 »

Hi Everyone,

In my readings over the last week, I see many talented people. GOOD!!!
I'll be asking many questions on my week old TNW MG34. Have not even shot it yet.
I'm an old fart that just retired and now just want to have fun.

Rich
along
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Post by along »

what is a TNW MG34? I wasn't sure what the TNW stood for

along
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

TNW is a gun manufacturer in Oregon.

Here's a link to their semi-auto MG34:

http://www.tnwfirearms.com/product-p/mg ... x-xxxx.htm

Kings
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy

Post by Kings »

Hello all,

New to the board. I've been considering building An MG42 for about a year or so now. Hoping I can get some good info and tips here along the way. As for me, I've been around guns my whole life. Served 4 years in the Marine Corps. Currently have an M&P45, M&P15, ruger GP100, auto ordinance 1911, S&W .38 snub nose, and a savage .260 bolt action. My day job is custom car builder/fabricator. So I'm not exactly scared about doing a little cutting, welding, and grinding.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New member

Post by JBaum »

Welcome aboard. Whatever you need to know about building an MG42, you'll find it here.

Start by reading the tutorials, and ask questions is you need to.

Pk3491
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy

Post by Pk3491 »

Hi all,

New member here. This is a great site with lots of info. Thanks to all.
I am a Viet Vet. I know a little about fabricating things since I raced Sprint Cars after Nam. I built my own engines and all. I bought a Yugo M53 kit years back. At first I was a little overwhelmed at what needed to be done to make it semi auto. But since it had the camming section intact I thought it might not be that bad to build from there. Mr Baum's translated manuals have been a real help. Hats off to him and all he has done. I wish measurments were from the camming area instead of from the rear but I'll get by. I have lots of equipment to make stuff so I'll take my time to get it right.

Thanks again everyone.