Lafette to gun fittment

Tripods, ammo cans, gunners kit, etc.
rodom
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant
Anti-spam: Mg42

Lafette to gun fittment

Post by rodom »

I have a question about the fitting of the Lafette to the MG42. I'm building my kit now, and purchased a Lafette to complete the package. I was advised to fit the rear gripstick mount to the Lafette as it's the standard for spacing the mounting points. However I installed the gripstick and tried to fit the MG to the Lafette and the trigger is hitting the trigger actuator before it can lock into place. Can the actuator be adjusted to fit, or must I trim the actuator back to fit the trigger? I'm using the BRP gripstick with the AR15 components. so I thought it would just drop in. Any advice is greatly appreciated .
marknct
Leutnant
Leutnant

Re: Lafette to gun fittment

Post by marknct »

The BRP trigger pack doesn't fit the Yugo or MG3 style actuator. I trimmed the mg3 one and it worked good, I intend on making a copy of the Yugo that will fit. I've been kicking myself for wanting to see it on the mg3 so bad that I trimmed it. For me it would be easier to mill it from a block than bend one. Can't imagine when this will actually happen though.
rodom
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Post by rodom »

I didn't want to cut anything, so I bent the actuator back a bit and got the MG to drop into place. The actuator works as it should, pulling on the handle trips the hammer. If I ever need to return the Lafette back to OEM condition, it can be bent straight again. My elevation adjusted doesn't seem to be working correctly. When you push on the brass tab it moves in it's circular rotation, but after it gets to the middle of it's arc the bed stops going up or down. Swing thru the arc and then returning back to the mid point causes the bed to once again move. I hope I have explained this well enough for you all to understand and possibly tell me whats wrong. Thanks.
rodom
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Post by rodom »

I was curious as to what type of optics I can put on the Lafette? It seems the prices on the OEM optics are pretty steep. Anybody know what is available out there?