Tom R's assault sling

Anything MG42 related.
Mechwarrior

Tom R's assault sling

Post by Mechwarrior »

Does anybody know where i can find a few pictures of one of theses slings? Or maybe a good comprehensive overview of making myself 1 and how it works. Thanks in advance.
mp44dude
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Re: Tom R's assault sling

Post by mp44dude »

Mech,

Are you talking about a regular 42 sling?
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

I used to reproduce an assault sling adapter that was a copy of a ww2 item, it consisted of a steel band that got wrapped around and formed to the buttstock then welded at the top and a sling swivel attached, the front was a steel sing that went around an upper vent rib and had a sling swivel welded on

this field type mod was so the gun could be slung in an upright position, I unfortunatly lost all my mg pics in a computer crash a few years back but guys here bought em and I am sure someone has pics
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
mp44dude
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by mp44dude »

Tom,

Thanks for the clarification.

greg
Mechwarrior

Post by Mechwarrior »

I hope some of the fellas here post pics of how they look.......unless tom wants to make more of em! :D
Mechwarrior

Post by Mechwarrior »

Anyone have pics? Please!!! With sugar on top. LOL
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

This may or not help. Check out these slings on bergflaks site. Hope that you find what you are looking for.

http://www.bergflak.com/PT34.htm

Later 42rocker
Mechwarrior

Post by Mechwarrior »

42rocker, Thank you for that wonderful link!!! Not what i was looking for but very helpful and interesting. I believe Tom R's sling allowed you to carry the rifle with the sling over your shoulder and the rifle in the ready to fire mode. It attached at the top of the rifle instead of the bottom. I have a good idea of how it needs to be but wanted to see some pic's for authenticity. I say ralley the troops and convince Tom to make more of them! :D He explained it to me as far as how it works and the hardware needed but without pics it is left to my imagination.........scary! LMAO
jcmg42
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by jcmg42 »

There was an interesting one in this thread

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/sh ... G42-Thread
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

jcmg42 that is a nice link to a website with lots of photos showing the mg42 and it's clones / friends including several shoot of mg42's with spade grips.

Later 42rocker
Mechwarrior

Post by Mechwarrior »

Nice. Thanks jcmg42! I think i saw something along the lines of what i was looking for on page 2. Notice the way the sling attaches to the butt stock and to a piece hooked to the barrel shroud? It is so the sling can go over you shoulder and allows you to carry the weapon with the sling but ready to fire and more comfortable.