German MG42 kit questions

Anything MG42 related.
jwoelfel79
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter
Anti-spam: Mg42

German MG42 kit questions

Post by jwoelfel79 »

I have recently purchased a German MG 42 kit and I am wondering what the kit is worth and if I overpaid. I have only seen pictures as it will be delivered hopefully sometime next week but it appears to be saw cut three times and has the eagle stamps on multiple parts. It looks to be cosemtically in good shape.

I would also like to know what my options are as for building a semi auto. I know that cut receivers have been used in semi auto builds and would like to use the orignal reciver in the build.
Mechwarrior

Re: German MG42 kit questions

Post by Mechwarrior »

oakrodent has a great build using BRP parts. I also have done a tutorial on using newly made rear sheet metal, it is on the weaponeer site. your only real options are on the FCG and grip stick. There are 3 or 4 out there you could use. I used the BRP grip mods with the ar hammer, trigger, and sear. But, i am a big FAL fan and know that FCG quite well. I like the fact that the hammer spring in that set up is beefy already so it will reliably fire the harder surplus primers,plus the hammer shape is already close to being what it needs to be. Of course, the ar set up i used does also with the heavy spring. The main thing is to install the full auto bolt blocker and weld it in underneath the grip stick attachment assembly, which might mean that you need to take yous off then put it back on with welds to be 100% legal. That would be considered not readily restoreable as compared to drilling it out and putting a piece of rod through it and the receiver and welding. That method could be removed easy and might not be totaly legal. I would say read as much as you can here, and ask questions. This is a very friendly site and very informative. The prints are avaliable on BRP to view for free as well as the semi auto owners manual with the ATF letter. Hope this helps.
jcmg42
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by jcmg42 »

BRP semi auto page (prints and manual):
http://www.brpguns.com/categories/Semi- ... Semi-Auto/

mg42 german manuals in engrish
http://www.germanmanuals.com/manuals.html
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

jcmg42
very nicely done....

Later 42rocker
jcmg42
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by jcmg42 »

That's just 1 section of the doc I'm working on. Also why I asked about being able to edit posts. Once I post the whole thing, I'll need to be able to update it when someone says "you forgot this build", or "that's wrong".
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

For now,anything that you need editing,let me know and I will fix it.I'll check about the editing situation after the software upgrade. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Mechwarrior

Post by Mechwarrior »

jcmg42; very nice work! I bet that helps a lot of people begining. That is a ton of info.
jcmg42
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by jcmg42 »

More to come. Just completed weaponsguild. Lots of those missing pictures still exist.