MG42 RAILS/RECIEVER/TRUNION AND BARREL DOOR LATCH

Anything MG42 related.
heddar

MG42 RAILS/RECIEVER/TRUNION AND BARREL DOOR LATCH

Post by heddar »

RAILS CAN BE HELD IN PLACE WITH CLAY IT MAKES FOR EASY POSITIONING THEN SLIDING THE BOLT OVER IT INTO THE BARREL .WHEN IT MOVES SMOOTH AND FREE POKE A HOLE IN THE RAIL HOLES THEN USE A Q TIP WITH A MARKER INK ON IT TO MARK THE HOLE POSITION .
-------
RECIEVER HAS THE SCRIBES AND INDENTATIONS TO LOCATE THE AREAS .ALSO USE ONE OF THE OTHER HELPS FOR ACTUAL MEASUREMENTS BY SOMEONE ELSE.
2ND THE SHEET METAL RECIEVER NEEDS TO BE HEAT TREATED YOU COULD USE A FAN TIP AND A TORCH OR THROW IT INTO YOUR FIREPLACE THEN FOLLOW HEAT TREATMENT PROCEDURES.OR HAVE FASHION HEAVIER METAL
-------TRUNION ---ON THE FRONT RECIEVER THERE IS A NUB IN THE CENTER THE TRUNION FITS SNUG AGAINST IT. TO DO THAT YOU NEED TO REDUCE THE ROUNDED CORNERS BUT NOT ALL THE WAY LEAVE A 1/2 INCH . NOTICE THAT THE TRUNION DOES HAVE A SHAPE FOR IT. THIS WILL AID THE BARREL SIDE DOOR TO LOCK BETTER.
---------
THE CHARGING HANDLE FITS INTO THE SIDE HOLE ABOVE THE TRIGGER PUSHED FORAWRD___BUT FIRST ALLOW THE BOLT TO GO FORWARD--THE LONG ARM ON THE HANDLE GOES TOWARD THE BUTT THEN TURNED . THIS HOLD THE SPRING . NOW RETRACT THE BOLT UNTIL YOU HERE A CLICK. THE CHARGING JUST POSITIONS THE BOLD ON THE TRIGGER. THE RATCHET PLAT FITS BEHIND THE LITTLE CLAWS OF THE HANDLE LAYING FLAT ON THE RECIEVER (WELD IT)
drooling idiot
General
General

Re: MG42 RAILS/RECIEVER/TRUNION AND BARREL DOOR LATCH

Post by drooling idiot »

heddar wrote: 2ND THE SHEET METAL RECIEVER NEEDS TO BE HEAT TREATED YOU COULD USE A FAN TIP AND A TORCH OR THROW IT INTO YOUR FIREPLACE THEN FOLLOW HEAT TREATMENT PROCEDURES.OR HAVE FASHION HEAVIER METAL
What ??? Really bad idea.
What are your posts supposed to be? random thoughts or a randomly scattered how-to?

heddar wrote:-------TRUNION ---
There is NO trunnion on the 42.
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
Gulfstream4
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by Gulfstream4 »

Not sure what this is about. Are you answering a previous post or are these just random thoughts? WTF
jcmg42
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by jcmg42 »

I'll be damned if it doesn't look like one of those spam emails you receive. I'd not heat treat via the fire place nor does this receiver have markings. I don't see clay holding the rails either, maybe a photo of that would help.

Make sure this light is off:

Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

We had a machinist here that wrote in caps,we thought he was yelling,but that was how he wrote for work. I tried to heat-treat my buttstock this way,never saw it again! ---bil PS-I am used to random thought posts...
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

If you look at heddars previous posts,this is a continuation from a build in September... ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

I believe that a picture showed Dan Angola having the same problem with buttstocks, Bil. Yes, I remember the same person talking about his build, same way also.
Now an interesting question, what should we do with a person that posts thoughts and ideas etc, read the above posts and review:
Did we help them
Make them want to come back to this website
Or --- it's hammer time.....

Something to think about

Later 42rocker
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I was thinking that myself. It did look like a spoof or something... I don't think the guys knew what to make of it. ---bil
junglewalk
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by junglewalk »

I am so confused!........but I bet my lunatic mother-in-law could figure it out!
Beautiful women are like well built machineguns: Some should just be looked at, and left alone, while others were built to get hot.
blackreichswehr
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by blackreichswehr »

WEIRD,i don't believe i'll ever go to Watertown, NY-- appears to be something in the water or the clay he's using has radioactive colbalt in it.
DrJekyll
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by DrJekyll »

Maybe its the fumes giving off from throwing the reciever in the fireplace
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Well I guess it's hammer time. Something to think about to do to welcome the new guys and keep them around.

Later 42rocker
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

Not hammering on the FNG exactly, just trying to encourage complete sentences and trains of thought. If he has a message he is trying to communicate its not getting through to this audience.
I hope this forum is only intimidating to spammers, not new members. We offer a lot and don't ask too much in return, play nice together and try to be coherent when you post or at least tell us your drunk posting...... [diz]
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Mine are usually when I am off my meds,don't drink.... :? ---bil