Lafette 42 project finally done

Tripods, ammo cans, gunners kit, etc.
Sturmgewehr83

Lafette 42 project finally done

Post by Sturmgewehr83 »

Just finished my second lafette, it started it`s life as a MG34 lafette and came with the germans to Norway in 1940 and it`s dated 1938. It was then in german service in 5 years and then used in the norwegian army until the early 70s when it was along with hundreds of original MG34 lafettes converted and painted green to be used with the new MG3 :?

I got this last year and has worked on it for a long time, I had to take it apart down to the smallest screw and much of the small blued parts was covered in the norwegian post war paint, this I removed with some acetone. All the other parts where sand blasted and repainted "Dunkelgelb total matt" from "Sparvar" Germany. The barrel container I got from the UK, sandblasted and painted. Got a MGZ40 battery box too that I have sandblasted and painted too but I still need the MGZ40 scope, box and cable to complete the lafette. The scope mount I got from ebay(all original scope mounts was removed when the lafettes was converted..), nice early war aluminum one too :D

The leather pads is filled with horsehair that I had to get from the UK, the orignal leather and horsehair pads was gone when I bought the lafette. The carrying straps is made by me, took me a lot of time to do but they look and work great ;)

The "MG42" is a Yugo M53, deactivated that I have sanded down to plain wood

Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Re: Lafette 42 project finally done

Post by Bil »

Very,very nice! Good pics,too-in its natural habitat! A lot of work to make it that good. :D ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Sd.kfz.173
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Sd.kfz.173 »

That is AWESOME!!! :photos: Looks like it's ready for an unwary patrol!! Thanks for the photos.

Bill
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by 42rocker »

Very nice job.

Later 42rocker
mp44dude
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by mp44dude »

Very Very NICE!!!!!!
Sturmgewehr83

Post by Sturmgewehr83 »

Thanks a lot guys :)
Matt
Major
Major

Post by Matt »

matches the grass really good, nice camo effect! - matt
tomcatshaas
General
General

Post by tomcatshaas »

that is Great. Outstanding Attention to detail !