Receiver reweld reports?

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Receiver reweld reports?

Post by Bil »

Over the last several years,there have been many folks here that have borrowed my 34 reweld jig.What I would like is a report of how your project turned out,and if you actually were successful in getting your 34 to run.You can either post here,PM me,or e-mail at staatsbil at yahoo.com Anyone not answering will be getting an e-mail after a while. :D :lol: I want to see what kind of luck or problems were had.Thanks to all! ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Re: Receiver reweld reports?

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Well I was a total pu**y and had Stan and Jorge do my second one. The first one I attempted was about as straight as Ryan Seacrest-(“not that there’s anything wrong with that :lol: ” it just makes for a nonfunctioning receiver :shock: ). I do not remember where the jig came from, in case it was from you, there is my report.

The Project Guns receiver works like a charm. :D :D 8)
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

Post by ChrisPCook »

Using one of Pirate's jigs I have rewelded several.....expect a lot of finish and prep time to complete one. I have one that is ever so slightly warped where the back piece joins the center section, not a critical area, everything will go on to the receiver no problem, but the bolt won't glide through, I have spent "hours" trying to correct it, and probably have a few more to go (it'll go through now with some force applied to it). The tolerances are tight.... Also, I'm the one that had the extra length sears made up for slightly out of spec receivers. That has worked like a charm for me, and for other members as well. "The jig" is slick and works well, but there isn't a lot of room for error on this build. Chris....
oakrodent
Oberst
Oberst

Post by oakrodent »

Hey Bill... you know I have built a few MG-34 receivers and jigs. Mine all turned out beautiful :cheer: You know you can use my jig any time. Everyone else, sorry, I donated my other one to Weapons Guild, so if you want to use it, contact them. Next time I am digging threw my gun safe, I will take some pics of my MG-34s No idea on your jig or who has it! :shock:
Spell check is down and I'm too lazy to get the dictionary
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Thanks-I actually have the jig,it is the rivet tools for the 42 i am looking for.The jig you made is a work of art,I appreciate the offer,and will probably take you up on it! Thanks! (any more MG 13s yet?) ---bil
ps-PM me your e-mail,I have some pics for you.
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
mr. wipple

Post by mr. wipple »

Can I borrow or rent your 34 weld jig from you Bil?
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Sure,but you will have to wait about a month.I am gone again,open-ended,but hoping for a month.When I get back home,I can send it out.Contact me then,as I tend to forget. "the holes keep getting bigger in the Swiss cheese of my mind" ---bil
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

Bill your looking for a 42 rivet bucking bar? I have one (it tightens up in the rails to serve as a bucking bar) that you can borrow. But it will likely be about a month or 2 before I can send it out. Im about to be using it for a while :wnana:
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Thanks-I am actually looking for mine,that I lent out! Someone will remember they have it,or I will look through the 500 PMs I have and see who it is.Or just make another one at the bike shop.Or borrow yours-thanks! ---bil