Cant beat this sear problem.

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
ScottD
Major
Major

Cant beat this sear problem.

Post by ScottD »

SO I made another sear....it tripped the pin....hoooray!
Went to cock the weapon and the trigger bar was getting jammed on the bottom of the bolt carrier. So instead of the radius cut, I made a nice long slope on the back of the carrier. Gave it a more gentle slope to ride on. Cocked the weapon, bolt clears! Yeahhhh!

Now on the way home the trigger bar catches the sear again and trips it. Out of battery fire! BOOOOOOO!!!

Either my trigger bar is traveling too far upwards or Ive still got to experiment with another sear or my little bevel on the bolt carrier is too much. I need a beer.
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Re: Cant beat this sear problem.

Post by www.Prussia.us »

"I need a beer"

if you are going for one, better make it a Fosters oil can, you have more than earned those extra fluid ounces :D
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

Im at that frustration point. No matter what I do with this trigger /sear setup, there is always another problem. The issues here is the TNW design.....it sucks. (Now, not to be one to bash, I for one could not come up with a better design.) Its one thing after another, and Im starting to file/grind things for clearance. That is a bad combo with this gun and I fear I may have boogered up my bolt carrier tonight. Im on my second homemade sear. This thing is turning into a black hole. I was so happy because the welding was straight and I got the bolt to pass......but this trigger ordeal may be enough to shelve this project.

Im just bitshin, Ill beat this thing. It may cost me another grand, but Ill beat it......
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

JFC! I spent the day making my 3rd sear. Got it all together and my trigger gate broke free. Spent hours putting that back in.

NOW.....the sear isnt resetting. The firing pin will drop but when you cycle the weapon while holding the trigger, the bar catches the sear on the way home and trips it again. This thing is going back on the shelf for a while.....