WTF Ryan Schnee

Saved for Reference.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: WTF Ryan Schnee

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

FKpt.Fritz wrote:bob (junglewalk) on here has had some bad dealings with Ryan. he sent his tripod to get refurbished i think and never got it back until he threatened to call the authority i believe after a year or more of waiting or something. he got it back completely disassembled..... just what ive herd of him. not sure on the details but it keeps being discussed at reenactments and the jist of it was to stay away. but idk. dont shoot the messenger. there's been similar issues with others ive done business with that is just now wrapping up after 2 years, i wont name names but most people know who im talking about. so deal with people how you will i suppose, i chose to wait and see if my guy came through. at this point it mostly came through is what im hopeing for.
Well, Fritz, we ALL make our OWN reputations...
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Matt
Major
Major

Post by Matt »

i told ryan that he needed to post his side of the story of the junkglewalk lafette deal but he never did, the tripod was sent to him by the owner (not junglewalk, dont know the guys name) and then the guy sold it to junglewalk with a MG34 while ryan was working on the tripod. junglewalk then got in a big hurry for it and threatened lawyers if he did not get it done right away so ryan just packed it up and sent it to him as is and sent the original owner a refund on the retsoration deposit. i have read and heard both sides of te story on that one. DA is right about ryan that he does not rip you off he just takes a long, long, long time to do stuff. my tripod was with him for just under two years. frustrating as hell but i t was worth the wait. now i cant get him to sell some parts he told me he was going to sell me. last we spoke he had them and they where mine but that was weeks, almost two months ago. - matt
FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

ok then now ive herd both sides... like i said in my post i usually just wait until the person is done. i did it with Allied Armament and it worked out and looks like its going to work out in my current situation. just adding my 2 cents where i probably shouldn't have been. anyways....
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Waiting 2 YEARS for a tripod but it was worth the wait? Hell, a war could have been started and finished in less time than that. Waiting 2 year means he didn't need to have you send it until a year and 10 months had already passed. How is it that a month of part time work takes 2 years? Somebody needs a planner and calendar, terribly bad.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

jbaum wrote:Waiting 2 YEARS for a tripod but it was worth the wait? Hell, a war could have been started and finished in less time than that. Waiting 2 year means he didn't need to have you send it until a year and 10 months had already passed. How is it that a month of part time work takes 2 years? Somebody needs a planner and calendar, terribly bad.
Funny thing is that in MY case, Ryan's slowness allowed me to save up and pay for a MG-42 lafette and optik, and a C&R MP-40 and have them payed off by the time it was shipped to me, which was great incentive to save for them.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

I would view it as being unnecessarily deprived of the enjoyment of something I've already paid for, something which if I wasn't going to get to enjoy it, I wouldn't have bought it to start with.

2 years? There's something wrong with that. :puk:

mp5
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by mp5 »

Thx to the delay I've hoarded 5K rounds of 8mm Mauser Ball (8x57JS)
Mfg. Hirtenberger Patronon, bought wholesale from Samco Global, my local legacy ammo provider. Now it is unobtainable anywhere!! Also I scored an "el primo" Z34 sight a couple of years ago from a legit dealer in Georgia whose name escapes me at the moment.
Now all I need is my 1939 lafette back.

Jorge
Regards,

Jorge

Administrator

Post by JBaum »

mp5 wrote:Thx to the delay I've hoarded 5K rounds of 8mm Mauser Ball (8x57JS)
Mfg. Hirtenberger Patronon, bought wholesale from Samco Global, my local legacy ammo provider.
Jorge
Darivs wrote:Funny thing is that in MY case, Ryan's slowness allowed me to save up and pay for a MG-42 lafette and optik, and a C&R MP-40 and have them payed off by the time it was shipped to me, which was great incentive to save for them.
Let me get this straight: You guys send something to be restored, don't get it back for 2 years, and thank the guy who doesn't give it back because HE allowed you to buy more stuff this way? Where did you guys learn arithmetic?

If that's the case, send me all of your equipment, and I'll keep it for 20 years.... then you would be able to buy 10 times more stuff than you can when someone only keeps it for 2 years, and all of you would have me to thank for advancing your collection. Why, I could be a hero!

OK everyone, send me your stuff. I'll keep it for a really long time and you can thank me later. Just think of how much extra money you'll have to spend if I don't do the work for two decades! Well, it's easy for me to see why everyone thinks this is wonderful. I'm helping everyone with their collections, right?
Doesn't anyone see a problem with this thinking?

I don't have a dog in this race. If you guys are happy with the arrangement, fine, I'm glad it works for you. But trying to convince me that it's a good thing and it "allows" you to do other things with your money must be way beyond my limited capacity to understand the logic.

FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

i see a problem in it... sorta. as much as i hate waiting on people to do projects of mine i figure the more i bitch at them the longer it will take.. so sometimes it takes two years. i dont like it but so far i havnt been screwed.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

FKpt.Fritz wrote:i see a problem in it... sorta. as much as i hate waiting on people to do projects of mine i figure the more i bitch at them the longer it will take.. so sometimes it takes two years. i dont like it but so far i havnt been screwed.
And if you bitch at them for tardiness, you run the risk of losing your money or item if the person you are dealing with is an (Try a different word.).
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

DARIVS ARCHITECTVS wrote:
FKpt.Fritz wrote:i see a problem in it... sorta. as much as i hate waiting on people to do projects of mine i figure the more i bitch at them the longer it will take.. so sometimes it takes two years. i dont like it but so far i havnt been screwed.
And if you bitch at them for tardiness, you run the risk of losing your money or item if the person you are dealing with is an (Try a different word.).
sadly yes ive had stuff sent back to me with a refund which is usually not what i want. ive never had anyone just say (Try a different word.) you and keep it though. or they just get mad and say it'll come when it comes and it doesn't do any good.
Matt
Major
Major

Post by Matt »

i agree with jbaum, what i meant to say was the wait was intolerable but the work done was worth it as i have no problems with any detail of the retsoration. ive compared it to some originals i found on the internet and it is equal or better. all the responses i got when asking about mine were friendly but lacking any sort of comitment or time frame on completion, lots "in the works" or "behind with work" and so on. i never asked for an itemized bill or hours worked. perhaps mp5 should do that to see what the hell is the problem or was the problem. - matt
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

That is sort of like getting a tax refund and thinking you made out-it is your money in the first place,you just let someone else use it for a while! :? On the other hand,Johns deal sounds good,when I think of the money I will save it makes me dizzy! I will be sending all of my guns and ammo to him.In fact,I think I will load it all into the 442 convertible and drive it ther,then take a bus home,save even more money!! :lol: :lol: Actually,years ago when I traveled more than now,I had a nice coin collection.I gave it to a friend to hold in return for a $50 bar bill.He was nervous about having it around,so he put it in his safe-deposit box in the bank.When I got back about a year later,I gave him the 50,and got the coins back-pretty cheap way to store them for a year! [I am sending them to John also,along with all the Nazi gold bars I bought from Rocco!] ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Bil Nazi Gold, shhhhh, that is how I saved my moribund 401K, that and those Krupp war bonds, now if I can just find the Prussian consulate in Siam to cash them in, I’ll be all right 8) 8) :lol:

There was a guy selling a gold ingot on Ebay 5-7 years ago with Third Reich stampings all over it, either it was Rocco :lol: or some guy that found an ingot and Numrich’s stamps. Is was up to $19,000 or something like that....
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I am starting to wonder about those gold coins I got from Rocco-I left one on the counter in the sun the other day,and when I picked it up,it seemed lighter somehow! :? Someone had also moved it into a small puddle of melted chocolate!! :lol: I guess I should have listened when he said to keep it in a cool place! ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
12thWaffenSS

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

www.Prussia.us wrote:Bil Nazi Gold, shhhhh, that is how I saved my moribund 401K, that and those Krupp war bonds, now if I can just find the Prussian consulate in Siam to cash them in, I’ll be all right 8) 8) :lol:

There was a guy selling a gold ingot on Ebay 5-7 years ago with Third Reich stampings all over it, either it was Rocco :lol: or some guy that found an ingot and Numrich’s stamps. Is was up to $19,000 or something like that....
I have a bunch of wartime stock certificates from I.G. Farben. I wonder if they are any good.

Oh, and if' you're looking for the Prussian Consulate in Siam....send them a telegraph first.
mp5
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by mp5 »

If you guys are happy with the arrangement, fine, I'm glad it works for you. But trying to convince me that it's a good thing and it "allows" you to do other things with your money must be way beyond my limited capacity to understand the logic.
I ain't happy.
Regards,

Jorge

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

You would probably be a lot more happy with Ryan Schnee if you were more patient. :)
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

What 12WaffenSS is saying is that it is not news that Ryan takes practically forever to finish a project, and you should expect that if you do business with him in the future.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
mp5
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by mp5 »

DARIVS ARCHITECTVS wrote:What 12WaffenSS is saying is that it is not news that Ryan takes practically forever to finish a project, and you should expect that if you do business with him in the future.

My last words on this topic for now.

When I sent the lafette to Ryan I had no illusions of a quick turnaround, yet in the beginning, before he moved to Montana from Ohio,it seemed he would get it done within one year. But I never expected that three and a half years later I would be writing about this situation.
His delay and the lack of feedback have aroused paranoia in me from time to time, but after talikng to a few with other experiences with Ryan I do not believe him to be either a thief or an internet con-man. He is apologetic for the delay, citing pressures of relocating and setting up two businesses during this time, Last week he promised to finish it this month.
Will keep you posted.
Regards,

Jorge