New truck... where to put the MG42?

DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: New truck... where to put the MG42?

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

I want one of these.. but how many miles per gallon does it take to run it?
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Man that takes me back. Nice work, these are outstanding party wagons.

A good friend requisitioned one back in the day, threw a keg in the back, with a bunch of people, and we took it to Pantera concert, I think Type O Negative was opening, but I cannot recall :puk:
:lol: :lol: ……..enjoy your war wagon, the only trick sometimes is finding a good place to park :shock:

She looks to be in pretty good shape :D
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
shinsoku

Post by shinsoku »

Oh man how I remember these beasts. I have done a few mile (and not down some smooth black top) in one. The best term comes to mind is "rides like a iron wheeled wagon". It will go over or through just about anything in its path. But pitty the poor fools in the back. Been there and done that in one of those things.............
FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

ya its basicaly going to be for a, party wagon/gun mount/dove hunting stand. i was thinking i could put a table in back and have a mobile beer pong stand at tailgates..... coarse the keg aint a bad idea eigther.. and i aint putin water in the jerry can... thats for sure.

:rave: :peace: :spin: :rockon: :cheer: :puk: :mg: :rave: ...sums it up

oh and the gas.. it gets about 14 on the highway surprisingly and 10 or so in the city....
FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

speaking of which.. where can i get some sort of MG42 mount to put on this? a Mg34 one is good also.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

John Baum had some for sale a while ago,for the 42.It was the type that mounted on a ring,minus the ring.One of those would work real nice! ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
DDayDog

Post by DDayDog »

What? Your not going to Armorall the tires? :lol: I'd love to have one of those. Have fun with it.
David

Post by David »

There's NATO MG3 gun rings that show up on the Sturm board occasionally. No legs, but I imagine GI legs may work. I modified a MG42 AA lafette attachment and welded a long GI pintle assembly to it to use with my GI M66 ring. But you'll have to cut a hole in your roof.

You could also look into a US M31 or M25 stands and modifying it for a MG42 setup.

One thing I would reccomend is looking into John Tennis' oil and fuel filter adaptor kits. Makes for oil/fuel filter changes easier. The oil filter get up also gives you better oil pressure, faster and more reliably.

http://www.jatonkam35s.com/Sales.htm
FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

another photo.. best one i have taken thought id post it
CRUSADER
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by CRUSADER »

Nice ... very nice.

I've been wanting a UNIMOG 406 bad, but after seeing a Deuce with a 'Bob Job', I am re-thinking things 8)

The bobbed Deuces look great...and they are American ;)
pathfinder
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Post by pathfinder »

Try www.robertrtg.com. He has a mg-3 ring set-up for sale. You would have to make the legs but that would be fairly simple. Enjoy!
FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

well this thing takes out fences, brick mailboxes, metal mailboxes, and gates like its nothing. it puts all of about 6 scratches on the bumper...... dont ask how i know. :badidea:
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I had a 63 Cadillac that would do that too-for a while! :lol: ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert