new ima receiver rears

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
oakrodent
Oberst
Oberst

Re: new ima receiver rears

Post by oakrodent »

I got one of their MG13 displays. I is poorly welded together and somebody learning how to grind must have ground down the weld. After all this butchery was done they hit it with a good old can of spray paint. The the unpainted metal looks look they found them in a lake. The ten MG42 receivers I got are in nice shape. They all will clean up nicly
Spell check is down and I'm too lazy to get the dictionary
jimdvan

Post by jimdvan »

Received my 11 receivers today from IMA. They're all pretty nice. Two are missing ejectors, almost all have Waffenampts from what I can tell.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Oakrodent-how about some pics of the mg13,in a new thread? Thanks! ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

Post by ChrisPCook »

Bil wrote:Oakrodent-how about some pics of the mg13,in a new thread? Thanks! ---bil
\

+1 I'd like to see some too!
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

i third that motion, never seen a high-resolution picture of one, just a crappy avatar-sized picture on google.

By the way, are all other parts included in it, undamaged for the most part? Would be cool if you could turn it into a semi using the same concept of the Fal fcg or something :) .
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

JimDvan

Thanks for the update on your receivers good show with the German proofs, sucks about the 2 with the missing ejector plates.

Did you pay the hand-select fee?
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
jimdvan

Post by jimdvan »

Yes, I paid the extra for hand picked. After cleaning I found that about half have waffenampts on them. It was a good thing I ordered so many. I'm keeping one and there was only one in the bunch that would work for my project without some tinkering.

The others are all good but I narrowed it down to one that works for what I'm doing.
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

Post by ChrisPCook »

Got three in yesterday, more on the way, very nice with a lonnnnggggg center section (I paid extra on 2 of them). Nice Waa's on them. Chris...
slingblade

Post by slingblade »

Got 1 last week. Looks like both pieces are from the same receiver? Nice long center, I paid the extra $10.
See if I can scrape up some more $$$ to muy a few more.
Wish I would have bought more of the front pieces when they were selling them. :(
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

Hey Im thinking about getting one, can anyone post a picture of teh receiver they got? Also if you paid the extra 10 bucks for hand select
Thanx
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

http://www.ima-usa.com/product_info.php ... ts_id/2151
Newly added Dec.12 to their parts sets section, pretty darn expensive though :shock: ...
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

They only have one-better grab it quick!! :lol: Makes me glad I never invested any money in regular investments,just wasted it on kits and ammo!Maybe I will sell some and bail out Ford! ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
gfarq

Post by gfarq »

anybody have an extra front piece of the receiver they want to sell?
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

If your looking for a camming section of the receiver Apex has them they are made by wiselite
gfarq

Post by gfarq »

i looked on the apex site and couldn't find any 34 receiver parts
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Rocco was talking about Mg42 sections I believe, Mg34 receiver fronts are kind of hard to come by these days.

But they are out there, good luck, and keep your eyes peeled.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
creels1

Post by creels1 »

What is the going price for the front section of the mg34 receiver?
jackxxx
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by jackxxx »

creels1 wrote:What is the going price for the front section of the mg34 receiver?
I want to know to.Iam going to sale my soon.want to know if is worth it or not.
Sooner will a camel fit through the eye of a needle than discover a great man through elections.
gfarq

Post by gfarq »

creels1 wrote:What is the going price for the front section of the mg34 receiver?
I am expecting to find the fronts at some point hopefully in the $100 ball park, but would pay more depending on the piece condition and length.
jackxxx
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by jackxxx »

gfarq wrote:
I am expecting to find the fronts at some point hopefully in the $100 ball park, but would pay more depending on the piece condition and length.
Is that all,and i was thinking i had a piece of gold.100 dollars sucks. :puk:
Sooner will a camel fit through the eye of a needle than discover a great man through elections.