new ima receiver rears

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
Michael J

new ima receiver rears

Post by Michael J »

Michael J

Re: new ima receiver rears

Post by Michael J »

thought this was important news enough for a sticky, but mods un-sticky it, if it really aint that good of a deal :lol: .
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I thought it was good enough to order one-we will see how it is when it gets here! Thanks,Michael! ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Indeed well done Michael, :D
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

you guys give me too much credit :lol:! If it wasn't me, someone else would have noticed it :D .
MGMike
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by MGMike »

Thanks, Michael:

I've got one of the "MG 42" marked sets comming in the UPS now.

MikeD
slingblade

Post by slingblade »

I'd given up on finding a nice center section.
I went to the IMA site the other day for the first time in a while, saw these and bought one. We'll see how it is.
jimdvan

Post by jimdvan »

I'm speculating. I ordered 11 and intend to keep one for myself. I'll see tomorrow if they had that many when they confirm or deny my order.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Just got mine-not spectacular,but it is nice,and provides me with an overlap piece I needed.Thanks for the heads-up,Michaelj! :D ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Okay I got my IMA Mg34 receiver parts not bad, lots of meat there to work with also they are nice and straight.

As I was too cheap to pay the extra $10 for a handpick, I did not get any nice German markings :( just what I presume as an israeli star--"oh Lord why do you mock me"-Homer Simspon :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good thing I just got my grinding wheel fixed :D

'Bil" if you have scraps to sell please let me know, I think I may need about 1/2 an inch.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

You are in luck,I just got about 6 e-mails gauranteeing an extra few inches!I could forward them to you! :shock: :? Actually,I will be getting my parts together after I finish moving,and when I know what I have extra,I will post here-I have had several requests for' bits' lately. ---bil
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

glad the post has helped some of you out :D .
www.Prussia.us wrote: As I was too cheap to pay the extra $10 for a handpick, I did not get any nice German markings :( just what I presume as an israeli star--"oh Lord why do you mock me"-Homer Simspon :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good thing I just got my grinding wheel fixed :D
Cmon man, quit being so cheap :lol: , i paid the $10 on my mg42 pieces, i hope they are nice :D . Eh, maybe i'll get lucky, and they'll have sent me a yugo marked rear :) !

Didn't know israeli's used the 34, atleast they have good taste :lol:
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Michael J, after the war the victors picked through Germany for their military goodies and advanced technology (what was left of it, but not as bad as after WW1 thanks to the Cold War).

It is extremely ironic that of all countries Israel ended up using the ‘34s and numerous 98Ks, and I am sure many other things. These countries had no problem putting their pride aside and using these excellent weapons from the “evil” and vanquished Third Reich.

Still this IMA deal was a good observation on your part :D or I would have missed it,...

flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

Didnt the Israelis use 109's for awhile too?
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

I thought so. I know Spain used them for a while which was good because they survived long enough after the war for Hollywood and collectors to buy them.

I wonder where these Hollywood studios keep all their cool WW2 military stuff eg., guns, tanks, planes, anyone know????

jimdvan

Post by jimdvan »

I have a semi 1919A4 with Hebrew markings on it.
c310pilot
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Post by c310pilot »

I got one in the mail today and am a bit anoyed. I paid the extra $10 for hand select - well it has no waffens and no tripod pin mount and a bunch o rust.

Ima has always disapointed me. While one pic can not show what all their stock is like, the pic on there site should be represenative of general stock not of atypical stock.
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

Post by ChrisPCook »

Just when I thought I was done forfeiting my paychecks to IMA :shock: , just ordered 3 with handselect, will see what I get...unless they have a sh**load these will probably go quick! ONCE AGAIN, thanks very much for the heads up on these! Chris...
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

Post by ChrisPCook »

That said I'm crossing my fingers that I get Waff's and a Tripod pin with mine... Don't want to get too off topic, but was on the fence about their (IMA) MG13 Dummy gun, kinda cool, I looked one day 695$, two days later 795$....no longer on the fence with the 100$ change in price, but they do look cool... Chris..
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

On their mg15,the 100 bucks was in the bipod alone! :shock: ---bil