Czech vz58 Receivers and Compliance Parts Group Buy

Look here for sites to buy or sell something? Found a good deal or something on the web you want to share? Put it here.
762x51
Oberst
Oberst

Czech vz58 Receivers and Compliance Parts Group Buy

Post by 762x51 »

Guys there is a group buy going on right now for receivers and compliance parts for the Czech vz58 rifle.
This is a really interesting 7.62x39mm firearm and if you haven't looked into this you're going to miss a great deal.

Prototype #1 has been built and test fired around 500 rounds at this time.
No issues at all with the build or the gun's operation and the build was "duck soup" compared to a normal AK series build.

If you want to get in on the buy or just read how this all got started follow this link:
http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=45399&start=0

If you want in you'll have to sign up over there - Receivers are $250 and the compliance parts are $115.00.
No funds are being collected until everything is ready to ship - NO PRE-PAYMENTS REQUIRED

Below is a photo of Prototype serial 00001.

Regards,
Orin

"It is well that war is so terrible -- lest we should grow too fond of it." Gen. R.E. Lee CSA
Skype ID: ACE1100
762x51
Oberst
Oberst

Re: Czech vz58 Receivers and Compliance Parts Group Buy

Post by 762x51 »

"It is well that war is so terrible -- lest we should grow too fond of it." Gen. R.E. Lee CSA
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Looks good-thanks for the link and info.One question-if you are going to build one of these,will you have to change your 'screen name'? :lol: ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
762x51
Oberst
Oberst

Post by 762x51 »

Bil wrote:Looks good-thanks for the link and info.One question-if you are going to build one of these,will you have to change your 'screen name'? :lol: ---bil
Hi Bill,

No - 7.62x51mm is still my favorite :mrgreen: but this is a really neat rifle.

We built serial 00001 earlier this week and we've run around 500 rounds thru it with no fail to fires or any other problems.
One of Rapid Fire's employees is going to take it over the weekend and run another 500 or so rounds thru it.
The receiver is 4140 and it's heat treated after machining.

The gun is really simple to build, only 2 rivets to mess with, and we built mine this evening (serial 00002) in about an hour.
It would have only taken around a 1/2 hour but I was taking photos for the builders manual which added to the time.

I took serial 00001 to the range yesterday and was really suprised at how little recoil the gun has.
Very smooth operating and a real joy to shoot. I wasn't trying for accuracy but I walked an old plastic barrel across the range from 100 yards with no problem.

With kits going for $70 (Centerfire systems) you can build one for around $435 plus whatever you have to pay for shipping.
The compliance kit has everything that you'll need to build one - nothing else to buy.

Regards,
Orin
762x51
Oberst
Oberst

Post by 762x51 »

Guys,

I have started a tutorial on building the vz58 and will be adding to it as I have time or folks let me know of a better way to do one of the steps.
The photos are some I took at ORF when we were building serial #00001 and my rifle, serial #00002 - :D

Here is a link to that tutorial:

http://www.autochart.com/vz58.htm

We have also tested our compliance parts in one of the Slovakian vz58 receivers that Centerfire Systems, Tenessee Guns and Gary over on Weaponeer.net was selling.
This is the receiver that uses an apparently unobtainable single stack magazine - go figure....

Anyway, the compliance parts that ORF is making work just fine in this receiver so if you do have one of them here is a path to at least get the gun built.

Regards,
Orin

Here are links to the photos of the Slovakian receiver:

http://www.autochart.com/vz58/IMG_0503.jpg

http://www.autochart.com/vz58/IMG_0504.jpg