US made Gripstick and Bolt conversion services

Need something to start or finish a project? Here ya go.
panaceabeachbum
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

US made Gripstick and Bolt conversion services

Post by panaceabeachbum »

I am manufacturing one piece grip stick housings for the semi 42 build which use the original grip panels and utilize unmodified ar-15 fire control group. The housings are available in the white or anodized black. These grip housings along with the 3 piece fire control group count as 4 US made parts towards 922r compliance. Here is a link to a few pics and more info on the grip housings http://www.thompsonmachine.net/42grip.htm .

I am also offering conversion of the original 42 bolt assembly to semi auto configuration with a one piece firing pin and a needle bearing feed roller for smooth operation. The wieght of the O-1 tool steel firing pin is kept light to prevent slam fires , its light wieght also eliminates the need for a heavy return spring to help insure positive ignition with hard military primers. A delrin support is also used in the ejector tube to support as much of the firing pin as possible.

Bolts are available completly finished or assembled with the final clean up of the welds yet to be done for a slight cost savings. Individual parts are also available for folks that want to complete the work themselves. All parts are machined on precision cnc macheniry and all welding is done with proper jigs to insure the best possible part. Here is a link to a step by step tutorial with lots of pics so you can get an idea of just whats involved in the conversion. http://www.thompsonmachine.net/42bolt.htm

Cost
42 Griphousing in the white $110

42 Griphousing anodized black $140

Your bolt converted to semi configuration as pictured above $140

Your bolt converted with weld cleanup yet todo $120

Bolt extension $ 35

One piece firing pin, 0-1 tool steel $ 30

feed stud with needle roller bearing $ 25
[/img]
panaceabeachbum
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Re: US made Gripstick and Bolt conversion services

Post by panaceabeachbum »

I have a number of grip housings in the white complete with the hole for ar safety and the hole for the original safety for sale for $99 each.
c310pilot
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Post by c310pilot »

I have been searching here but haven't found a pic of how the grip attaches to the receiver. Pics anyone? Thanks!
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Top pic in thread-the rear of the grip mounts as usual,using the split pin.The front piece shown is removable,using the allen head bolt shown.You just hook it over the rear of the ejection port and tighten it down.The dust cover would need to be slightly modified.The clip has a slotted hole that allows slight up and down adjustment.If you need more,let me know,I will try to post some pics of mine. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

is he still doing this service? i sent him a PM about the gripsticks and bolt mod.
FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

FKpt.Fritz wrote:is he still doing this service? i sent him a PM about the gripsticks and bolt mod.
disregard didnt see his march 16th post. PM sent panaceabeachbum
c310pilot
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Post by c310pilot »

Make sure you email him at Richard@thompsonmachine.net. I tried all his other email address' and had no luck until I used this one. He is also modifying my bolt.

Bil, a pic sure would be nice. I like things dumbed down 8) . Do you still have any rivets? If so I would love some. I have a 42 thats welded and now trying to get the final pieces together.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I have one more set of rivets left,PM me with your address and I will get them out to you.Looks like I had better get another batch.I will try to get a pic up tomorrow,as far as dumbing it down,I will beat DA in saying that I certainly can do that! :lol: ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
helix60
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by helix60 »

This is great news, PB is doing these again. I'm going to need a few since I haven't got the time to make them myself at the moment.

:snoopy:
Regards,
Heli

BTW If you are going to shorten Helix60 It's Heli NOT Helix.
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

PBB,

Is the $99 sale still on for the 42 gripstick?
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I would ask him via his e-mail,he is real busy and doesn't always get here.I have had excellant results from the e-mail though. ---bil
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by 42rocker »

Bring some good stuff to the top again.

Later 42rocker