MG 34: The Movie! $25 (cheap)

Need something to start or finish a project? Here ya go.
Ed S
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

MG 34: The Movie! $25 (cheap)

Post by Ed S »

You asked for it, and now we have it!!! Okay, so maybe you didn't ask for it, but we have it anyway. For sale is MG34 The Movie. It is approximately 54 minutes primarily of a silent, original German WWII training film used to familiarize soldiers to the MG34. From the description on the DVD:

"When the German army introduced their soldiers to the MG34, one of the basic training aids was a silent film showing the similarity of the action of the machinegun to that of the service rifle. Also in the film was a graphic presentation of the moving parts and how they work together. Originally over one hour long, we have managed to find several rolls of this film and transfer to Digital Video. Also included is a short clip of a cutaway MG34 firing, filmed by the Nowegian Army in the 1970s while investigating stopages in the MG34."

Again, the DVD is silent and about 54 minutes long. Much of it is graphic comparisons showing the interaction of parts and operating cycle of the MG34 and comparing it to the K98k service rifle. The films also point out things to look for, such as a worn firing pin, etc. This DVD, while not of "Titanic" production values, was somewhat expensive to make as about one-half of the films used had to be sent to a professional lab in Maryland for restoration before it could be transfered to DVD. This was not cheap, but we wanted to restore the footage and preserve it for history. There is one section that is several minutes long depicting the changing of the bolt and barrel of the MG34 from both the bipod and lafette position. This section is very degredaded and we almost left it out, but decided to leave it in with the thought that someone may find it interesting or useful. There is also a 2 minute section that shows a cutaway MG34 firing in slow motion. It looks like it could be a cutaway 34 or one placed in a x-ray machine while firing, but either way, it is pretty cool to watch.

This DVD should be of interest to anyone that is really interested in WWII history, the operation and function of the MG34 and also of the K98k rifle. We think most will like it and find it pretty interesting and informative, but if you are looking for a wiz bang Hollywood action epic, well, sorry, but this ain't it.

The price is $25 + $1 for shipping within the US. For anyone overseas I will have to calculate a price of shipping, or Folke can mail it from Norway (for those in Europe). You can send me a check, MO or use paypal.

Also, we are not trying to get rich on this thing but would like to recover the cost of buying the films, restoring, transfering, and copying to DVD (complete with cheap plastic case, made in China). Please don't punk us by making copies. Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
762x51
Oberst
Oberst

Post by 762x51 »

Hi Ed,

Put me down for one and let me know the total and where to send funds when you get it worked out.

Thanks,
Orin

PS: Revised - Payment sent today
Last edited by 762x51 on Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is well that war is so terrible -- lest we should grow too fond of it." Gen. R.E. Lee CSA
Skype ID: ACE1100
mikey

Post by mikey »

let me know how to get one

Mikey
Ed S
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Ed S »

Hello
To those wishing to buy a copy, you can e-mail me at eschroeder1@houston.rr.com. You can pay using paypal to madboat@houston.rr.com or send a check/money order to:

send IM for address

The total is $26, or if anyone is at Knob Creek this weekend, Folke is at table A-10 and they are $25 there.
Last edited by Ed S on Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kleist

Post by Kleist »

I'm moving right now but when I get settled in I'm gettn one!!
BELTLEAD

Post by BELTLEAD »

Ed,

I'll buy one of your MG34 DVD's.It's hard to find footage with the MG34.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by JBaum »

Thanks Ed, I'll get mine from Folke. I saw him Friday, but I'll buy one Saturday.

John
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

hey ed i will take 1 pm sent :D
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
2receivers
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

DVD

Post by 2receivers »

Purchased DVD from EDs a bit ago & although silent, it makes understanding the function of parts alot clearer---thanks ED

as a side note----he gives you a deal on the shipping cost
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Re: MG 34: The Movie! $25 (cheap)

Post by flemgunner »

Is this still available?
Glenn
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Of course it is, and definitely worth having. They even had a very nice review of it in Shotgun News magazine recently.

Send Ed S a private message to get a price for postage to Japan, in case he doesn't see your request.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I agree with John,this is a real good movie,it shows how the gun works with cut-away drawings that move,it is an old German training film.Well worth it. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by dwmmg08 »

Money's on the way via paypal! I'm looking forward to it, it should be interesting!

Thanks for doing this, these old training films are great!

Glen :D
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I don't know if this is the film someone was looking for,but it is a great old film,well worth it to figure out how the 34 runs! ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert