Weaponeer M53/MG42 Stick Grip

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
Rahatlakhoom

Re: Weaponeer M53/MG42 Stick Grip

Post by Rahatlakhoom »

Not to be solicitous, but if any of you fellas want to sell me your
WLA grip, I'd be open to it. I managed to pick one up from
Weaponeer and need another one. (Weaponeer terminated their GB on these)

I'm going to use the WLA on a CS receiver, I think it will suit me.

Thanks.
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Ahh you have figured it out also nice
panaceabeachbum
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Re:

Post by panaceabeachbum »

You know thats been bugging the crap out of me, a little over a year and a half ago I met Tony and Eric (mgs) at knob creek and showed them my grip housing which Tony looked at quite intently. He stated thay liked it and could probably use it in an upcomming project. He asked for my business card. To me his statement "we can probably use it in an upcomming project" meant that he was interested in using my design for a nominal fee of $5 or so a unit, very common courtesy in any industry. Flash forward to a few months ago and WLA is selling an adaptation of my grip housing on this and a couple of other groups and ustilizing it in a gun they are building for Century in qtys reported to be over 2000 units . Yes it pisses me off , had I not talked to Tony and Eric face to face about my grip housing , let them handle it and been told they might be using it in an upcomming project it would be one thing . Honor among men
Rahatlakhoom

Post by Rahatlakhoom »

That's a bit of disturbing news PBB. Thanks for bringing us up to speed on this.
This WLA GB on Weaponeer left a bad impression on me anyway.
Their gripstick looked readily available and then all my orders were abruptly cancelled.
Builder Unfriendly.....I will take my business elsewhere.
Sorry that you were taken advantage of in this way PBB.
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

I will have ar fgg boxes available shortly. I will be ordering the parts monday. these will weld on to your steel grip and will attach with a screw and tab welded to the receiver.
panaceabeachbum
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

sounds like a good plan, lots of folks would like to keep their original grip frame. I do have to ask looking back thru your old post why the AR fcg? I thought that was pissing up a rope ?
panaceabeachbum
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

before anybody gets their undies in a twist my above comment is just my way of ribbing pirate about an old subject, nothing more. I think the the neat products he comes up with are just awesome , and he is a great freind of the home builder. Operating a machine shop and knowing what it cost to produce this stuff I really dont know if he is making a dime on any of the stuff he sells. The other company mentioned in my post above is a different subject .
URAR1004
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by URAR1004 »

I was wondering the same thing?
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

I decided to give the ar fcg another try for a couple of reasons, first is the new fcg housing for the spade grips I am making don't lend themselves to the fal setup. second I have already bought up all the reasonably priced fal fcg parts, so using them now is expensive.
The new bolt conversion I am working on eliminates any binding problems so the ar setup should work better.
As for the 42 grip and bolt wise lite is using it looks kind of like the ones BRP make, as does the 34 conversion parts you are making look like the ones from TNW.
panaceabeachbum
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Pirate wrote: As for the 42 grip and bolt wise lite is using it looks kind of like the ones BRP make, as does the 34 conversion parts you are making look like the ones from TNW.
Well since you brought it up the BRP grip is a welded up steel affair made from the original grip housing, alot more like the ones you offer than mine or wiselites which are both machined from aluminum barstock, so if you are implying I copied their design you should compare your grip housing to the BRP, your first pics from a couple of years ago before you went to the fal are a direct knock off, at least mine were an original design .

yes the mg34 parts I made and that are posted in my build thread are as exact a copy as I could produce based on the pdf sketches posted here but the difference in these and your knock off of the kns spade grips and wla knocking off my grip housing is I am not offering my copy of someone elses hard work for sale.

As far as I know there is absoloutley no law against copying a patented design as a one off for my own personal use. I am not offering them for sale and only produced a couple for my own use based on eyeballing some sketches in a pdf file , in no way does this even begin to compare to the situation where I actualy placed my grip housing in a mans hands who said he would like to use it in an upcoming project who then later just coppied it for use in a for profit project. Get it ?? I can copy anything I would like in a one or two off situatuion for my own personal use with out crossing any moral or ethical line, but what Tony from WLA did is a totaly different situation.

Since you find it neccesary to bring up the 34 parts I made for my own personal use I have to wonder how KNS feels abou you knocking off there ar/m16 spade grip setup with the specific intent of offering them for sale in a for profit venture. They have a patent , does that matter to you?
Karbinator

Post by Karbinator »

Pirate wrote:I decided to give the ar fcg another try........
The new bolt conversion I am working on eliminates any binding problems so the ar setup should work better..
Eliminating blown primers is how you sold a large
group of FAL fcg's in those BRP knock offs. What's
your pitch on going back to the AR fcg ?
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

Karbinator wrote:
Pirate wrote:I decided to give the ar fcg another try........
The new bolt conversion I am working on eliminates any binding problems so the ar setup should work better..
Eliminating blown primers is how you sold a large
group of FAL fcg's in those BRP knock offs. What's
I was unaware that brp made a grip with the fal fcg. and that mine were knock offs. the fal fcg did eliminate all the blown primer problems I had. As far as having a "pitch" I don't, I am working on a new housing to go with the spade grips I am making and tha fal fcg doesn't lend itself to the design, so I will be trying other options for this setup. I have had several people ask me for an ar grip conversion and had some parts made for them.
URAR1004
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by URAR1004 »

Knock off's? Who Cares?? I don't......
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

Karbinator wrote:Eliminating blown primers is how you sold a large group of FAL fcg's in those BRP knock offs. What's
WOW, that strikes me as pretty harsh. Is your issue , if you have one, with Image or his gripstick?
This quote seems out of character for you karb.
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

It's just the heat. Everybody is on edge.

Let's just give each other a kiss and play nice together.

There.

Isn't that better?

(PS-Where are you, Dayglo Bil? We need some peace, love, and understanding.)

GeeDeeEmm
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

There is too much peace,love,and understanding in the world already-I say let em go at it! :? ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
URAR1004
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by URAR1004 »

I can't wait to see your spade set up!!
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

I didn't know bil was Eye-talian.
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Otsa motta you? Since you guys noticed I post in various colors and some call me 'Rainbow Bil',I found a nice bumper sticker for my truck-It has a big rainbow and says'Can't we all get along?' It must work,lots of peolpe are pointing and waving! ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

Don't get too big-headed, bubba. They think your bumper sticker says, "Can't we get a LOAN?"

GeeDeeEmm
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson