MG34 Jig Rental

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
charlienco
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Re: MG34 Jig Rental

Post by charlienco »

Great! How do I get it.
charlienco
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by charlienco »

:( Hi Again,

Still tring to get required info from you. I send a PM, did you get it? I would like to rent this jig. I need information on how to get it. I need your address to send you funds. Do you have a picture of it?

Thanks chuck
charlienco
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by charlienco »

striker754

I have been trying to contact you regarding your jig rental. What do I need to do to get it? Is it availible? I need your address to to send rent and the deposit. Thanks charlienco
panaceabeachbum
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by panaceabeachbum »

in addition to filling the area on the outside mentioned in the first post on this thread you also need, or at least sholud, weld up the inside of the rec floor to prevent the insertion of an unmodified FA bolt
sardo67

Post by sardo67 »

will i be able to rent this in late November early december? and do you have a few pics of it? if not i understand you don't want people copying what you have.
-Tom
sharmanajusmc

Post by sharmanajusmc »

I know I woke this one up from the dead but you dont happen to still have this jig do you?
ratoncito
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by ratoncito »

Striker, are you still renting out this jig?, if so could you let me know / send info and what have.
ratoncito
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy

Post by ratoncito »

Striker, are you still renting this jig out and if so, could you let me know., thanks.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Striker hasn't been on here for two years. If you click on his name (in his first message of this thread, you can send him an email or at least a private message.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I haven't been on here for a long time, but I also have the same 34 jig that I used to rent out. I will dig it out of storage if anyone is still interested...and HI to JBaum!
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Hiya Bil. I'd say let's eat some king crab, but the radiation and chemo pretty well destroyed my taste buds, and most foods don't taste right yet. I keep hoping it'll get better, but at least I don't puke on food anymore.

Next time we're both healthy and within a few hundred miles of each other, we'll have to get together.

42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Bil
Welcome back again!!
Another Late Happy Birthday to you. There is a thread on that.

MG34 jig I know several folks that are interested in that jig. Dig it out, Please.

I don't need it but there are several that do.

Hope you stick around and post more than every 6 months.

Later 42rocker
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Thanks JBaum-I had a great time having dinner with you, seems like years ago because it was, I'll have to stop out again soon! 42Rocker, I saw the birthday thread, thanks guys! And I will dig out the jig! I am still missing a bunch of stuff lent out from when I was here more, the rail alignment tool, the rivet tool, and worst of all, a converted SA MG34 grip assembly I lent so someone could copy it! :O I hope to be here more, as about all I can do right now is sit! :( I will have to dig out my subguns box and maybe do something with that, I can't lift more than 4 pounds right now! ...bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

4 pds is a start right. Keep on working at it and we will keep thoughts and Prayers heading at you.

Several folks are looking to rent that jig, so you and oakrodent keep on digging those jigs out, please.

Or sell them to me....

Later 42rocker
oakrodent
Oberst
Oberst

Post by oakrodent »

I will have to find mine. It will take me some time to find it.
Spell check is down and I'm too lazy to get the dictionary
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Both of you, DIG! There has been several folks looked to rent a jig on this site and other sites. I'll be happy to cross post about a jig rental asap when you are ready.

Happy New Year!

Later 42rocker
BullGear
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by BullGear »

Sign me up on that jig rental roster. I'm ready to weld ASAP!
oakrodent
Oberst
Oberst

Post by oakrodent »

I found my jig. I have to use it to weld togethwr a dummy teceiver before I loan it out. I do have some reservations about loaning it. This is my second jig I made. The first one was donated to another web site. It was than lost in the mail. I needed it again so I made a second very complicated solid brass jig. Beleive it or not. One of the memebers who needed it lived in the state where all of the Lost & Found for the East coast USPS goes. He went there & found it! Totally unbeleivable! Just don't want to have this one lost or damaged.
Spell check is down and I'm too lazy to get the dictionary
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

2 rules:

1. never loan it. Rent it out with a huge deposit - enough that you don't care if you get it back. At least $100 more than it's worth in time and materials. No deposit, no rental. 30 day time limit or forfeit the deposit (or some such penalty). If they don't return it on time, consider it a sale instead of a rental. Make another one, pocket the profit for more toys.

2. Insure it for that amount when shipping it, and send it REGISTERED mail. The post office is surprisingly careless even with insurance, but when it's registered, everyone who has possession of it has to sign for it. It keeps it from getting lost, or being left for a few days in a corner or back of a truck. When a name is on the sheet as being the last one to have it, that person doesn't want it around any longer than absolutely necessary, so it gets the fastest path to the destination possible. The renter is required to do the same sending it back to you.

I'm all for helping a buddy, but buddies don't keep and/or lose your stuff.

Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I finally found mine and it is available for rental. I will use JBaums suggested rules above-$125 refundable deposit, I know it sometimes takes time, have your pieces all ready before you borrow it, one month-30 days-should be enough. It will be sent registered mail as suggested and returned the same way. Also include a street address in a PM, I will mail it to a postal address, but if it doesn't get back to me I will get back to you...After 30 days I will subtract $25 a week from the deposit unless something is explained beforehand. You are responsible for all postal charges each way. That should about cover it. I am not on the site too often so e-mail me at staatsbil@yahoo.com. You guys can figure out who is first...thanks! :) ...bil