MP44 Accessory Kit

Look here for sites to buy or sell something? Found a good deal or something on the web you want to share? Put it here.
Der Stahlhelm

MP44 Accessory Kit

Post by Der Stahlhelm »

http://www.ima-usa.com/product_info.php ... ts_id/1253

IMA is selling these for the MP44/StG44
ak47dennis

Post by ak47dennis »

Those have been discussed on many sights over the past 12 months, they are Yugo. They even went so far on some of the oil containers to install their in house waffenapmt on the lid!! ;)
Demontrooper
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Demontrooper »

For what yugo gun that resembles the MP44?
ak47dennis

Post by ak47dennis »

The IMA MP44 kits were brought in from Yugoslavia; in fact I believe they issued them up till the early nineties to certain units!!
Demontrooper
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Demontrooper »

Ok, so are these real MP44 kits that yugoslavia had after the war, and IMA bought them? I think you are saying that they are kits for another gun that resembles the MP44 (which makes no sense) which yugoslavia had?
Karbinator

Post by Karbinator »

Only one country manufactured them. Germany.
Yugo got some right after ww2.
IMA got them when yugo scrapped them in the 90's.
Demontrooper
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Demontrooper »

So what is the problem with them? AKdennis says that IMA stamped their house waffenamt on the kits. Why would IMA do that if they are real kits?
Reichpapers
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by Reichpapers »

Don't freak out Demontrooper, it's simple. IMA imported many authentic WWII German MP44 Kits from Yugoslavia...with me still? With these authentic WWII GErman parts kits were imported many post war Yugoslavian made items for the MP44...like their pouches, the tools and the accesory kit. IMA is known to put German markings on items that did not have them and on stuff that Germany never made.
It's better to be silent and considered a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Demontrooper
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Demontrooper »

Ok, but my question is why would Yugoslavia make crap for the MP44 after the war? I know that during the war they could have been making MP44 stuff for the German army, but why would a struggling war torn country make MP44 accessories if they did not adopt the MP44? Or did they? I am not freaking out, I am just intrigued by this seemingly nonsensicle idea (or is it a fact) that Yugoslavia made MP44 kits after the war; what the heck for? I honestly do not care if IMA carries "real" MP44 kits or not (I do not own an MP44 yet :( ), I am just trying to carry on an interesting conversation.
ak47dennis

Post by ak47dennis »

Why did the Yugoslavians re-manufacturer the lafette 34 & 42, why did they eventually manufacture their own MG42 called the m53, why did they make barrels and barrel carriers shall I continue....

They made them cause their was a need and during the war the MP44 wasn’t issued with its "own" cleaning kit the soldaten was to use the M34 K98 cleaning kit.

You bought one of those cleaning kits didnt you :lol: :lol:
Demontrooper
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Demontrooper »

THE Yugo's adopted the MG42 as the M53, but they did NOT adopt the MP44 as the "MP53" or whatever! During the war, occupied Yugoslavia could have made this kits for the Nazi army and the Nazi MP44; ergo they are not German manufacture WW2, but Yugo manufacture WW2! Made during the war, not post! Why would you make accesories for a gun that you are not adopting? It is a waste of the limited funds that you managed to scrounge from the bombed out banks of your war torn nation!

He he, I did not buy one of those kits; I wish I had because that would mean I have an MP44 to clean :( . All of my money is going into my SA42 project, which I guess is a good thing!
Karbinator

Post by Karbinator »

Demontrooper wrote:THE Yugo's adopted the MG42 as the M53, but they did NOT adopt the MP44 as the "MP53" or whatever! ...........................!
http://claus.espeholt.dk/mp44.htm

Scroll to the bottom of the page for some pics
Demontrooper
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Demontrooper »

Oh wow! I did not know! When will we see Yugo MP44's on auction!? Thanks Karbinator, but that site is a little off in the boondocks!
smoggle

Post by smoggle »

Demon you need to research some. There are pictures of GI's in Iraq finding them, I have seen women in I think it was Somalia with them. The Yugoslavians and E Germans had them. The Yougos had them longer. They then also shipped a bunch to Syria. They have served in many places for many years. They are not as prolific as the AK series of weapons but the Com bloc countries gave out whatever arms they had to their allies.

http://claus.espeholt.dk/mp44.htm

I see that is the same page that was posted above.

Here are some other sites

http://www.mp44.nl/main_index.htm

http://www.waffeninfo.net/waff_stgw44.php
Demontrooper
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Demontrooper »

No, I know that the Middle East and Africa had them, I just never knew that the Yugo's had them. In Europe, the AK47 wa developed almost right after the war, and that was immediatly adopted by all of the countries in question. The MP44 is no AK47, so I just thought that they were stockpiled or distributed outside of Europe. I know about weird guns in weird places: the last pic I have seen was an American soldier in Iraq clearing houses with a PPSH.
Demontrooper
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Demontrooper »

ak47dennis wrote:The IMA MP44 kits were brought in from Yugoslavia; in fact I believe they issued them up till the early nineties to certain units!!
Lol, I just realized that you meant that they issued MP44's up till the early nineties to certain units. It looks like you meant that they issued MP44 kits up till the early nineties!