WTS: 8mm Conversions for Nato Belt Loaders

Need something to start or finish a project? Here ya go.
fxo

WTS: 8mm Conversions for Nato Belt Loaders

Post by fxo »

I am now making the adapter kits for converting the 7.62 Nato belt loaders to 8x57. The conversion will allow loading of Nato or 8mm. Just remove the old plate and bracket, and spot weld the new plate and bracket.
Kit is $20 plus shipping.

Or send in your loader for conversion and repaint in Feldgrau-Dunkel or late-war Ordnance Tan. $95 plus return shipping.

USPS MOs or PayPal (+3%) accepted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Abwehr

Loader

Post by Abwehr »

Guys,

I have one of these conversions and it works great!
fxo

Post by fxo »

All conversion parts are spoken for. I will have some more in a couple weeks.
panaceabeachbum
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by panaceabeachbum »

could you [post a pic of these parts installed on the loader, I bought the parts from you last year but havent taken the time to install
M1 Tanker
Oberst
Oberst

Post by M1 Tanker »

FXO, do you have any more of these yet?

Chris
Chuckm
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by Chuckm »

fxo:

Did you ever make up any more parts sets? I'm in for a set if you did.

Chuck
Carson City
Nevada
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

I am still waiting for the set I paid for several months ago, apparently there is a problem.
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

FXO, I paid for a set of parts in april, so far all I have gotten are excuses and you won't answer my pm's or emails
Whats up?
tomcatshaas
General
General

Post by tomcatshaas »

my last contact with FXO was July 7,06.

Quote - have 2 left. Only I have a small problem finishing one of the small parts, it "should" be done this weekend. You can email Monday to verify.
I've had 3 guys waiting for 2 mos on these. I had a couple set backs getting them done.
I'll pencil you in for one

since then, I have heard nothing. No reply to my emails either.

TC
fxo

Post by fxo »

Everybody,
I've been having some medical problems that preclude me from working much. I have not be able to devote the time to this project that is requires. As of today, I have 9 sets of parts pressed. The edges need to be deburred. The instructions I received with the dies was kinda rudementary, and I didn't have the same equipment he did. I had to make some changes in the production and, in the process, trashed some parts. The hardest part to do right is the stupid little angle bracket. The first few I "just put it in a vise and bend it with a hammer" didn't turn out to my satisfaction. I trashed a couple trying to make the bend cleaner. I have 3 good ones done, and will do the remaining tomorrow, along with deburring the edges.
These will probably be the last ones made unless something changes. If my procedure goes well, I may be able to make another 2 dozen in October, shelf them, and ship as needed.
If you still want your parts, I can still ship tomorrow afternoon.
If you want your money back, I can send refund tomorrow afternoon.
If you wish to cause me bodily harm, so be it, I'm ready to go be with the Lord.
Please use the email function as it goes directly to my POP mail.
Thank you,
fxo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
panaceabeachbum
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

are you interested in selling me the tooling to make these?
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

It seems if you can't finish the parts it is time to send out the refunds.
fxo

Post by fxo »

panaceabeachbum wrote:are you interested in selling me the tooling to make these?
Yep,
I got the die, the end gauge and the cutter paths. Whatcha want to do?
fxo
panaceabeachbum
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

I will send you an email and see what we can work out.
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

FXO, what are you planning on doing about the parts you owe people? I still haven't gotten mine or a refund.
fxo

Post by fxo »

Pirate,
Your refund, plus interest, went out Wednesday, Registered Mail.

Everybody else,
2 sets went out today, the other 2 go out Monday. If you do not receive a Delivery Confirmation Number this weekend, please email me with your name, screen name, and method of payment (whether it was PayPal or MO).

There are 3 sets left and that will be it.

I had started an LLC to facilitate the future production of the semi MP43. Attached is a pic of a Bridgeport Series I CNC Mill. We've been trying to get it running. We got a great software program to run the drivers from a PC instead of using the dials and manual entry. We had a problem with the PC communicating with the driver, got that fixed. The program sends to the Mill, but the stepper motor for the quill is seized. We should have that fixed this week, I hope.

I had intended to use a modified version of the cutter paths to mill the hopper sideplates to final size. I wound up having to do it by hand instead. The angle brackets were also a challenge, but, the method is sorted out for them now. I bought the die and blanks from 1903HBM, along with the instructions for making them. I did not have all the machinery available that he had to make these. I had to make some changes in methods of mfg, some of it by trial and error. The change was the method used to remove the excess metal after pressure forming. I assure you the parts you receive are every bit as good as the first run.

All of this is offered as an explanation, not an excuse. I will probably be selling/trading the stamp die to Panacea BeachBum, for future production. Richard will be able to focus on this project and get the parts out in a timely manner in the near future.

I appologize to all for the delays in getting this project out. Aside from the technical issues involved, I had several personal issues, most of which will be a permanent part of my life.
One of my business partners will be taking over the customer service part of the future operation. I will be finishing the R&D for the semi MP43 to prepare it for submission to BATFE Tech Branch for evaluation. Once this is done, the mfg of the rifle will be turned over to the LLC manager.
I also thank those who have been exceedingly patient with this.
If any of you would like to know the particulars of the issues involved, feel free to email me.
Thank you, and Lord Bless!
fxo
Sledge303

Received my two sets...

Post by Sledge303 »

FXO,
Thanks, the box you sent arrived in todays mail. The NATO belt loader conversion parts look quite nice. It did take a while, but these are just as advertised.

Thanks,
Sledge
fxo

Post by fxo »

As of today, all kits have been shipped.
Pirate: Refunded
Blademaster: Refunded
Sledge: 2 kits shipped
R. van Tol: 1 kit shipped
NLander: 1 kit shipped
J. Linley: 1 kit shipped

If I have missed you, please email with your Real Name, Forum Call-Sign and Method of Payment (MO or PayPal).

Again, I thank you all for your patience in this project. I do have the kinks worked out in mfg these now, and the method will improve when the CNC is finally operating.

I have 3 more kits left. If Pirate and Blademaster want them, they get first right of refusal. Then, First Come, First Served basis, via EMAIL. I do not always get the updates to this post, nor the Messages on this site. I say again, PLEASE RESERVE VIA EMAIL!
Thank you, and Lord Bless!
fxo
fxo

Post by fxo »

2 kits left if Pirate and Blademaster don't want them.
fjruple
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by fjruple »

fxo--

Money order is in the mail for the kit.

--fjruple