who's going to fig

Intruder196
Major
Major

Re: who's going to fig

Post by Intruder196 »

MP44 wrote:I've never been there before but would like to go this year. Since I've never been there, when would be the best time/day to get there? I will not be participating in the reenactment but would like to go for the flea market/shopping part of it.
The event organizers open the event to the public on Saturdays. You may be able to sneak in earlier during the week to shop the flea market. Friday night is good for the flea market though. Saturday afternoon the vendors start packing up and are mostly closed up or gone by 3:30-4:00 pm.
SgtSteiner47

Post by SgtSteiner47 »

i am going to gap, i probably will be getting there for Wednesday or Thursday. Going with my unit 2nd SS Deutschland
fourfifths1911

Post by fourfifths1911 »

if anybody wants to meet up i'll post my barracks assignment as soon as they post it
MP44
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by MP44 »

Intruder196 wrote:
MP44 wrote:I've never been there before but would like to go this year. Since I've never been there, when would be the best time/day to get there? I will not be participating in the reenactment but would like to go for the flea market/shopping part of it.
The event organizers open the event to the public on Saturdays. You may be able to sneak in earlier during the week to shop the flea market. Friday night is good for the flea market though. Saturday afternoon the vendors start packing up and are mostly closed up or gone by 3:30-4:00 pm.
Thanks for the reply.
oakrodent
Oberst
Oberst

Post by oakrodent »

FIG is just around the corner. I will be getting there on Friday ( 29th ) My barracks 12-59 top floor. I will be leaving later on Sat after the GIs become bullet proof. Maybe a impromptu MG42.US bullshlt fest is in order for Friday night!
Spell check is down and I'm too lazy to get the dictionary
fourfifths1911

Post by fourfifths1911 »

that sounds like a great idea
fourfifths1911

Post by fourfifths1911 »

i'm in 12-64 downstairs
12thWaffenSS

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

Just a reminder for those who are attending Fort Indiantown Gap. Remember to punch Eric Grigsby in the face for me and call him a liar.

For those who don't remember him, he's a lying pile of pig vomit and a shitty businessman.

Thanks!
Steelblitz

Post by Steelblitz »

I'm bringing my 11 year old son with me on saturday during the 10-2 public open times. I'll be partial to the half-German side of me that day and I'll be rooting for all of you shooting the MG42's.
oakrodent
Oberst
Oberst

Post by oakrodent »

don't forget about the lowly MG-13. You can't miss it.
Spell check is down and I'm too lazy to get the dictionary
Steelblitz

Post by Steelblitz »

He'll like anything German he sees. I've been filling him in lately on his German heritage, so he's taking a real likeing to the German weaponry. He was thrilled when I told him today we'll make the short trip over there. The first thing he asks me is "how are they going to fire the artillery into the tree tops?"lol, he's watched too much Band of Brothers. Are there any Tiger tanks there? I know he'd like to see a comparison between the axis and allies tanks.
Intruder196
Major
Major

Post by Intruder196 »

oakrodent wrote:don't forget about the lowly MG-13. You can't miss it.
Yep, I saw that in the field on Saturday. You guys held up the GI's for quite while with that!
12thWaffenSS

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

Does anyone have an after action report on FIG?
Steelblitz

Post by Steelblitz »

I went there for the first time with my son, didnt get many pics before the weak camera battery died due to the cold. But we enjoyed ourselves and primarily hung out in the German barracks, we didnt even bother going down to the allied side, lol. On the drive home I stopped by to see my Mother. She told me she wants to go next time, lol. She is German, grew up in Munich during WWII. I'll get a couple pics up later.
Steelblitz

Post by Steelblitz »

Getting ready...

It's almost over....

some surrendering...
Steelblitz

Post by Steelblitz »

my boy not knowing which way to go....

Showed this picture to my Mom and she said it looked exactly like the one her father owned. That was their families mode of transportation when they had to get to Munich since they lived on a farm just outside the city. 5 of them would ride on it at a time, with my Mom telling me she had to straddle the tank in front of her father who did the driving....

I just liked the look of this....
Steelblitz

Post by Steelblitz »

my boy in the SS guard shack....

SS hund...

Stopped off at the museum on base. STG44 goodness..

Steelblitz

Post by Steelblitz »

I just noticed the board is croping all the pics, about to half their size.

Anyhow, MP40...

Maxim..
bmwr12
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by bmwr12 »

probably one of the worst Chang jiang motorcycles I have seen in reenacting. The Germans didnt have turn signals on a bike.
12thWaffenSS

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

Did anyone see my guy Eric Grigsby at The Gap?