Jefferson Barracks Reenactment

gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Jefferson Barracks Reenactment

Post by gdmoore28 »

What a great weekend! Over 250 reenactors and 1000+ audience members showed up for the annual WWII event. One of the things that always makes the St. Louis event interesting is that the GIs always outnumber the Axis troops by two-to-one. The weather was perfect with mild days and chilly nights, making for perfect camping. Very good vendor attendance, along with living history displays galore made the between-battles times interesting for reenactors and civilians alike.

Here are a few photos from the event.

GeeDeeEmm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Re: Jefferson Barracks Reenactment

Post by gdmoore28 »

More . . . .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

More. . . .
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

Well, I'm not sure how the pic of my son kissing our beloved granddaughter got in there, but I was unable to edit the pic. Well enough -- Our family is a group of huggers and kissers , what can I say? My grandbaby is a sweetee-pie -- who can resist kissing a little darling like that?

Final thoughts -- the people in the St. Louis area are just phenominally friendly and welcoming. We spent a long time prior to and after each battle speaking to the audiences about reenacting, about the war, and related subjects. Even had the chance to meet a gentleman, Al, who was pressed into service for Germany during the last few months of the war at the age of fifteen. He had some interesting stories to tell. And he was so proud that finally the world is ready to accept the German soldier as the heroic, dedicated people that they were. He spoke of the aura of shame that classified every German soldier as a "Nazi," and how that categorization had prevented most of them from ever mentioning their experiences in the service of their country. Thanks for the enlightening conversation, Al.

GeeDeeEmm
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Garry-thanks for the pics,it looks like you had a good time-glad to see the grandkids there.The guy in the last pic,shouldn't he be wearing a Volksturm uniform?? :lol: ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

I luv this hobby.
FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

i always find out about these things after the fact.... oh well i did get my tunic yesterday though.
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

Bil wrote:The guy in the last pic,shouldn't he be wearing a Volksturm uniform?? :lol: ---bil
Or a straight jacket. I luv you, Bil :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

GeeDeeEmm
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

DARIVS ARCHITECTVS wrote:I luv this hobby.
DA -- I thought you and your brother were Grossdeutchland?

By the way, the keyboard player in my band is looking for an MP40 full auto. If you run across any decent deals on one, PM me, would you?

Hey Fritz -- what do you think about your new Pirchen tunic? I bought two last month, and I'm just really pleased with them. Post some pics when you get the chance.

GeeDeeEmm
mp40gunner

Post by mp40gunner »

I was in the halftrack. What a good time again this year. It is a real rush to ride into battle in a german halftrack and get up after being shot in the battle. Just a great time except for the weather Friday night.

We Germans were way outnumbered, but that's nothing new. Not many people want to be on the loosing side.

mp40gunner
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

gdmoore28 wrote:
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS wrote:I luv this hobby.
DA -- I thought you and your brother were Grossdeutchland?

By the way, the keyboard player in my band is looking for an MP40 full auto. If you run across any decent deals on one, PM me, would you?

Hey Fritz -- what do you think about your new Pirchen tunic? I bought two last month, and I'm just really pleased with them. Post some pics when you get the chance.

GeeDeeEmm
I am GD. I had the DOT44 so I can occasionally play with 2nd Wafen SS Minnesota cuz they're local. See?
MG soldat.jpg
No C&R MP-40's out there at the moment, but there's a transferable tube gun at: http://www.autoweapons.com/products/products.html

I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya GeeDeeEmm.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

mp40gunner wrote:I was in the halftrack. What a good time again this year. It is a real rush to ride into battle in a german halftrack and get up after being shot in the battle. Just a great time except for the weather Friday night.

We Germans were way outnumbered, but that's nothing new. Not many people want to be on the loosing side.

mp40gunner
MP40gunner--

Can you post a pic of yourself? I'd like to know who to look for next time around.

Which other reenactments do you attend in the central US?

GeeDeeEmm