Reenactment Photos

gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Re: Reenactment Photos

Post by gdmoore28 »

TC[/quote]

ya a gemran equipment/uniform section at least would be nice. the uniform in comming from ANT-z who is supposed to be the best uniform guy in asia. so we shall see what i looks like when it comes but i have seen lots of good reviews so far. the gear i purchased off a guy i know who is getting out of reenacting, so i bought everything from him for $150, Shovel, flashlight, bread bag, y straps, gas mask and canister, spanish helmet, etc. the boots i got awhile back from a place up in canada, cant think of there name right now but there well known.[/quote]

You'll be impressed with your ANT-Z (Pirchen) uniform articles -- if you get the right size. He is, indeed, the best of the Chinese tailors. I have several of his uniforms, one old one, and the rest are the new stock of European wool and HBT with the tunics that copy the Lost Batallions cut -- long sleeves, shorter skirt. These look REALLY nice.

Be sure to post pics.

I'd love to see a reenacting section here. :D

GeeDeeEmm
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
tomcatshaas
General
General

Post by tomcatshaas »

GeeDeeEmm wrote "I'd love to see a reenacting section here. :D"

2 way's to get it done. 1. write your admin. Salt6 or drooling idiot.
2. make a sign up sheet in chatter asking for it, like a petition

TC
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

How about we fix the chat room first ?

GDM: Spanish Helmet = FARB. Leave it on your TV stand for display only.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
junglewalk
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by junglewalk »

:cheer: I'm with DA on the spanish helmet!.....> Make a table lamp out of it.....There are to many originals, out there, even just shells that can be worked with.......and...acceptable repros. :cheer: (I love this girl!)
Beautiful women are like well built machineguns: Some should just be looked at, and left alone, while others were built to get hot.
FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

DARIVS ARCHITECTVS wrote:How about we fix the chat room first ?

GDM: Spanish Helmet = FARB. Leave it on your TV stand for display only.
ok will do, was probably going to ware the m43 anyways.
tomcatshaas
General
General

Post by tomcatshaas »

Yeah!! :cheer: :cheer: We have a Militaria section. And any chance to use the bouncy
girl is a plus. :mrgreen:

TC
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

As long as it's not one of those 'bouncy girls' that Garry posts! :shock: ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

got some more...
have some of the gear on, its not right yet i know need some things added i need to put it on correct, i just through this together to photo it

i am having image problems today so please excuse the links
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll26 ... 1208396029

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll26 ... 1208396061

Iz thinkz i Juzt got hit over zee head?
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll26 ... 1208396102

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll26 ... 1208396131
well i may look like a just fell out of a surplus store right now... but i am still waiting on my M40 and when get it then i will correct all the problems.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Nice mannequin.

:mrgreen:
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
mp40gunner

Post by mp40gunner »

Here are a coulple of shots from past events for me. You can see how hot the blank adapter is on my MP44. I love to shoot the old girl, but at a tactical she is a real b*itch to carry. Heavy and awkward and the pouches take up quite a bit of room on your belt. It's a great hobby.

Cain
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

well i took some reenactment pictures that i figured id post.
also i will include the other pictures other people took.

the ones that cost money...
http://www.rivesphoto.com/photocart/ind ... llery=1651

ones i took until i broke my camera.
most are of the 130th panzer lehr, the 10th Großdeutschland which is what junglewalk (bob) and me are in. and the 18th luftwaffe field division

the ones i didnt take
the car show

FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

ones i took
me

me again
the rest of the eagles nest
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Very nice -it looks like everyone had a good time.The checkpoint one reminds me of airport security-the old lady looks very dangerous! :lol: Thanks for the link also. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

Ironically I thought of airport security too. Only thing is I thought "man I wish it was that easy"
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Airport Security :lol: ….....yeah I guess that is a growing consensus. I remember shortly before 9/11 arriving back from Germany with my violin case in hand, approaching US Customs when an officer yelled out with a loud a laughing tone, “hey buddy you gotta a machine gun in there?” My response while laughing was, “not this time” and I simply walked through the line, and that was it. That seems like it was 100 years ago.

Fritz nice work with the camera, great pictures.

Is this a place that hosts re-enactors on a regular basis or is it a one weekend a summer event?
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

Nice pics! I really enjoyed those. If you have more, please post. :D

Have you ever noticed how much easier it is to do an authentic-looking GI impression than a German one? I think it is because there are very limited variations in the GI uniform, so everybody looks alike. Not so with German. We always look like a mixed bag with every uniform combination imaginable. Most pics you see of German groups, however, practically everybody was uniformed identically. We really should get our heads together in the German reenacting community and agree on more uniformity (pun intended). The little group I'm in has been moving in that direction, and it has really improved the impression we make.

Speaking of uniforms, in the first pic, the guy on the far right. What kind of tunic is that? The lower pockets are gigantic. Is this a converted tunic? Just curious.

One more question. Where was this event? I don't think I've ever seen that scenery in any other photos anywhere. Looks like a lot of fun. And civilian participation!

GeeDeeEmm
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

first picture is of the 130 panzer lehr and dave, (shhh its the 130 panzer lehr) so i dont know, its daves brother, hes not in our unit. the event was is sterns kentucky this was a first yearly event so hopefully there will be more we need more GIs next time, yes i have more photos and i will post them later, please attend if you want to next year, also our next event is august 2nd and the unit i belong to is really outstanding if anyone wants to tag along i suppose you can ask bob hurly (junglewalk) to.
Sd.kfz.173
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Sd.kfz.173 »

Is there by any slim chance a reenactment group in Montana????? :?
12thWaffenSS

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

Wow, what a great thread. How do I post a pic? Also, I agree there could be a re-enactment forum.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

There are PLENTY of reenactor forums out there. Here are few of my favorites.

HRS (Historical Reenactment Society)

http://www.worldwartwohrs.org/

WW@ Reenactor's Forum:

http://ww2reenactors.proboards35.com/

Reenactor.net:

http://www.reenactor.net/forums/index.php?page=17

Just post message or two looking for other reenactors in your neighborhood. There are certain to be some in your area.

DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury