Reenactment Photos

fourfifths1911

Re: Reenactment Photos

Post by fourfifths1911 »

if anybody is interested me and my unit are always looking for new members we are small only four guys we do heer pioneer we are located in the philly pa and central jersey area
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by dwmmg08 »

I have to say WWI re-enacting has it over all the others for coolness factor....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

the one thing I think EVERY WWI picture should have is a guy wearing one of those big Prussian Picklehaube helmets!

...when you ran out of ammo...you broke your bayonet...just ram into the enemy with that helmet!...

if that fails...just start screaming 'PICKLEHAUBE, PICKLEHAUBE' and the enemy will keel over from laughter :lol:
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by dwmmg08 »

Lol!!! Some more cool WWI photos.... I've done Civil War, WWI and WWII, and WWI wins hands down.. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Or hands up! :D 'Hande Hoch!!' ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by dwmmg08 »

A picture of my MG08/15 at a WWI event years ago, we had it in a bunker we built...
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by dwmmg08 »

And another of an MG08 at an event, a pretty open air position, but still neat!
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by dwmmg08 »

Hey, did someone mention Pickelhaube? Here's a picture, actually of me, in a trench years ago...
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by dwmmg08 »

And last, but not least, in case anyone thinks WWI isn't realistic... a picture of some of the "set dressing" from the old GWA event site, years and years ago....

At my first event, I took cover in no-mans-land, landing in a shell hole at night as a flare went off. I was hugging the ground as a heavy MG in a bunker above and behind me pounded away at the enemy with that wonderful star-shaped flash... as the light flickered out from the flare, I leaned back to see what in the heck I'd just landed on. It was a skull in a rusted french helmet, half buried in the side of the shell hole. Around me, all over, in the wire and on the ground were scraps of cloth, kit, bones, and more..... wow! I crawled out of the shell hole, through our wire, and back where the Unteroffizier waited....
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by dwmmg08 »

Bil wrote:Or hands up! :D 'Hande Hoch!!' ---bil
Lol!!! Bil! That's great! :D
12thWaffenSS

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

I'll have to post some of our re-enacting photos too. I know we have a lot of events coming up.
FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

new MG42 photo
Matt
Major
Major

Post by Matt »

is that shop in the background really open? :D
FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

sure was, i could hear the store owners talking inside during the quieter parts of the event. (i gave up on the 42 and abandoned it. i ran over to that store for cover behind the barrel and landscaping in the photo).
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

FKpt.Fritz,
I am reading where you "gave up on the MG42"-??.

If you are having problems firing Blanks in your MG42/SA42.....please meet me at my e-mail address listed below with some basic information.....such as (but not limited to):
1: Basic weapon-information (FA MG42 or semi-only SA42-?)....and caliber-?.
2: Type of Blank-Adapting system that you were using (IE: Live barrel w/restricted Booster-Cone/"Nozzle"....or 2-pcs. Blank-Barrel-Assembly-?)
3: Whos Blanks (and caliber) were you using......and at what restriction/BFA Hole-Size-??.
4: A basic run-down of what happened or didn't happen when you were trying to fire her at the reenactment.

I wil do a quick review of the information and see if it is something that we need to cover over on the MG42-Section under "Blank-Adapting the MG42/SA42.....and get right back with some answeres for you.

One of the reasons that people make up (or buy) an FA MG42 or semi-only SA42 is to fire "Blanks", for reenacting at reenactments.....some "give-up" trying when they run into some set-up "challenges"........others leave the hobby.......and we would like to see more people stay in the hobby.

Regards, RichardS in MI.
Blanksguy2001@chartermi.net
FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

had to do with the spring most of the time. it was simply not tweaked to work. had several light strikes and then a bolt jam.
12thWaffenSS

MG Gunner and Rifleman

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

fourfifths1911

Post by fourfifths1911 »

ImageImageImageImage
heer's a couple get it
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I just looked up on the mountain-you are right!They have it in big letters in case you forget,sort of like sewing your name in your clothes when you go to camp.Although it is a sort of religion to some folks here,so Hakentt may have it right! :lol: I will ask around ,maybe get some movies going that show the other side.One I recomend is a German one,'Stalingrad' most of it is on You-tube. :D ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
12thWaffenSS

test

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

hakentt? More like Hakenkreuz.

And of course, since this is a re-enacting photos thread, here ya go!