Neat pics

Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Neat pics

Post by Bil »

I got this picture while visiting Rocco,Britcop,and Little Rhody recently.They were at the range testing some of their new equipment,and took the occasion to test out the new uniforms they were issued.Now we know where all the ammo is,look at the belts in front of the guns! :shock: Ammo hogs! :bnija:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
cptdarling506

Re: Neat pics

Post by cptdarling506 »

Some very brave NCO's who would be standing anywhere in front a MG being inspected by Officers!
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I take it you have been in the service? :lol: Notice they are facing away,if it happens,they don't want to see it coming! ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
amafrank
Major
Major

Post by amafrank »

Those guys are fine.....all the ammo is on the ground and they know the meatheads in formation can't get the guns loaded and running without them.

Frank
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Oh how did you sneek that picture out with you...lol :lol:
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

More gun pics. ---bil :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

Bil wrote:I got this picture while visiting Rocco,Britcop,and Little Rhody recently.They were at the range testing some of their new equipment,and took the occasion to test out the new uniforms they were issued.Now we know where all the ammo is,look at the belts in front of the guns! :shock: Ammo hogs! :bnija:
Bil is the guy on the far right. I have proof.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

They made me wear the uniform-I am not actually a member of Rocco's fine Department.I failed the first test-when they said to get in the patrol car,I automatically crossed my arms behind me and got in the back seat!!! :lol: ---bil
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I also found these pics from the last re-enactment of DA's unit-I see he has also upgraded from the bicycle with a lawnmower engine! :lol:
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

That guy manning the Vickers does resemble Britcop a bit ... :lol:
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by dwmmg08 »

Really cool pics, post some more!
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

OK,I will! :D ---bil These are a few of THOUSANDS that have been in my family,I have no idea of the origin.They are all badly curled,I am trying to get them scanned,but it takes a long time.I put a few on Axis History Forum,but they didn't seem to notice.I have a lot of machine gun pics,also tanks,a series showing an observation balloon being shot down in flames,the raid at Seebruge,Australian troops,the offensives in 1917-1918.Also lots of prisoners ,artillery,etc.Glad you like them! :D
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by dwmmg08 »

Bil those are great! keep them coming, especially any that show Germans! :D Love the Lewis team, great pic- don't think they'll be shooting, as they don't have the drum seated on the gun; you can see the daylight under the drum and the central post, I've done that before! :D

Great pics!!! thanks! Who in your family was over there? What unit was he in??? :photos:
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I have no idea who took the pictures-my grandfather had them for years,and I have no idea where he got them,I will have to wait until I see him to ask,and he died years ago!I know he didn't,he was in shipping in NY harbor,and was in the Black Tom explosion! :shock: More for you. ---bil
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by dwmmg08 »

Yay! Thanks again! So he was in Black Tom? Glad he made it through that?? Anyway, neat pics, post more please!
:photos:
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by dwmmg08 »

I think that tank must be backing up. They usually put the other end forward. Explains everyone walking around it too, they probably can't see worth c*ap in there.

The Germans standing around talking are interesting, in that one has some sort of cloth wrapped around his shoulder strap. I wonder why???

Neat Lewis gun AA mount! Cool !
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Caption-Nov.13,1917 A german drummer boy relates his experiances with other prisoners. It looks as if he was wounded and newly captured. The wire runs between them.Note on the tank the unditching beam.I am not sure why the captions are not showing up.More tanks,one has the driver that had a nut blown through his wrist but kept driving in the attack at Cambrai. ---bil
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

How did I miss this thread???? :shock:

BIL these are really great, what a treasure trove. Even the ones with DA, he does it all Roman, WW2, and now WW1 reenacting :lol: :lol:

Seriously, when you have that many original photos, and if you had the cash, you could compile and publish them. So many books are cheap with pictures or show the same ones. I have always found there to be a dearth of good WW1 pictures and then so much of the limited film footage we get was allegedly staged by the signal corps so it is not realistic. These are outstanding, you may own the copyright on them if they are all original.

Any Zeppelin pictures are pretty rare and the flaming balloon would be rare, also any aviation pictures in general.

Indeed like DWMMG08 said keep the German photos coming, maybe I can spot some relatives, they would be the ones with the schnapps :D

REALLY, REALLY cool thanks for the treat.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Oh man you need to keep posting these I cant get enough of these ... :photos:
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

OK-more. ---bil