German surplus .308 Plastic-Blanks..........

Anything MG42 related.
Blanksguy
General
General

German surplus .308 Plastic-Blanks..........

Post by Blanksguy »

Has anyone had a chance to check out/try the current "surplus" German .308 Plastic-Blanks....(?).
I believe that these are running about $30 per 1,000 plus shipping on the Boards now......

How have these operated for you (?).....please let our Board members know what type weapon (IE: Full-Auto MG42 or MG34....or SA42.....etc..).........BFA Hole-Size that you ended up using (?)............and what your opinion was of the noise level.

Last....has anyone tried these in an M60 machinegun (?).

Regards, RichardS in MI.
Blanksguy2001@chartermi.net
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Re: German surplus .308 Plastic-Blanks..........

Post by dwmmg08 »

I know some people are using the .308 blanks in 08/15's, but I have not see the adaptors or barrels yet- so I'm not sure what they are doing, just that they are doing it-
FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

ive been shooting them from my semi auto mg42 and bolt actiong k98... they work decent in the 42. despite being quiet blanks they caused my bolt rails to loosen after 200 rds and they jam in the k98 everyone once an awhile (of coarse im shooting .308 in a 8mm in that case) also they did not want to feed through my .308 feed tray and top cover... thus i have to use a 8mm top cover and feed trey with a .308 barrel. they are medium loud in the 42 and extra quiet in the k98. there is almost no kickback to any gun. i am useing a muzzel cone BFA. i forget the hole width.

hope this helps at all.
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

FKpt.Fritz,
That helps some.......but if you could provide the measure BFA Hole-Size in your Booster-Cup/"Nozzle"......that would help. (you said you were using the restricted cup and live-barrel-assembly...correct-?).

Also.....with this system, it would also help if you could pul out the Barrel-Bearing and measure its length. There are two different lengths.....and this changes "dwell-time" that the barrel is under pressure.....and would effect BFA Hole-Size slightly if changed.

Regards, RichardS in MI.
Blanksguy2001@chartermi.net
PS: Have you thought about trying a 2-pcs. Blank-Barrel-Assembly (?)......allows for use without the Booster-Cup/"Nozzle".....and as the only portion that moves is the shorter/lighter rear/piston-section, allows for more noise out the front/muzzle.