Anything MG42 related.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

2 German marked MG42 Dust Cover's

Post by 42rocker »

oakrodent
Thanks for the update on the hex 34 stamp..... I guess that means that you have 2 German marked dustcovers... Want to sell one..LOL but? Now I know what to look for, Thanks..

I'm going to try to take a lot of pics over the weekend of some of the marks that I've found while digging and hope to get some feedback on the marks.. One of the first ones that comes to mind that I'll post a photo of is either a "W" or an "M" in a triangle with both of the legs of the letter pointing at one side of the triangle.. Where is that one from??
Seems like the BK in circle or rectangle is yugo.

Later 42rocker
sam game

Re: German marked MG42 Dust Cover??

Post by sam game »

The dust cover on my MG-42 is Waffenamt stamped with Eagle/623 (Steyr, maybe?). Marking is clear and sharp. I would gladly post a picture but have no idea how. I could send the picture to anybody willing to post it, though.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

PM sent. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Thats 3 German marked MG42 Dust Covers

Post by 42rocker »

sam game
pm me a pic I'll post it or if Bil pm ed about it then post thru him either way is Great.. Thanks for reporting it..

Eagle / 623 lists in the Michael Heidler book as "Presta" Metalwerk GmbH =>"cnb" location Wuppertal-Elberfield (NW)

Now if I could just find a German marked dust cover LOL

Later 42rocker
sam game

Post by sam game »

42rocker,

I have emailed a picture of the MG-42 Waffenamt marked dust cover to Bil a couple day ago so he can post it soon hopefully. However, I could also send you the pic too, just let me know your direct email address.
cz2
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Post by cz2 »

Dust cover of many marks from a prior post. Markings right to left. A very small k in a circle,U in a marking that looks like a shot glass, BK in a circle. Marked inside in catch housing with k over something,to small to see.
cz2.

cz2
pts 007.jpg
Attachments
pts 005.jpg
All glory is fleeting.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

For some reason I just got it today-here it is! ---bil
Attachments
IMG_5215.JPG
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
motley13crue
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by motley13crue »

I had a waA stamped one as well. Just saw one for sale recently too.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Again Many THANKS to those that help out sharing what they have and what they have seen.

Later 42rocker