Where to buy the cheapest 8mm romainian in WA

Anything MG42 related.
nick1

Where to buy the cheapest 8mm romainian in WA

Post by nick1 »

THats the question. Far away from the people who stock and sell the ammo but still need it!

Thanks
DRH

Post by DRH »

Century International Arms is the cheapest to the west coast because of shipping costs. They charge a processing fee on orders under $500.00. Shipping is prepaid on any amount of ammo. So if you order 15 cans (5,700 rounds) at $32.95 per can the total would be $494.25 plus $12.50 processing. Order one more can and the processing fee is waived :D http://www.centuryarms.com/catalog/prod ... cts_id=690

Interordnance quoted me a crazy price per crate (2 cans) for shipping, I think it was around $40.00 per crate. ouch!
Abwehr

Shipping

Post by Abwehr »

J&G Sales sometime have very good prices on ammo, but shipping from Prescott, AZ to SC was so much I could not purchase from them. "nick1" is right about Century, and I have bought a bit from them. For me, Interordnance shipping is very reasonable, but I am only 65 miles from them. For .308, I buy from Southern Ammo located on the SC coast and the shipping is reasonable.

Shipping on ammo is a real killer if you are not close to the distributor!
Karbinator

Post by Karbinator »

I know the thread was for 8mm, however -there's some .308 to be had real cheap by
southernammo. in carolina. Ab, I bet you could get that with little to no shipping.
Brass FMJ mixed boxer berdan

That romanian is so fouling on the gun. I shot less than 50 rounds out of a basket drum, and I could
later spell my name on the barrel extension. It was like soot from a muffler.
I know I'm gonna use this stuff anyways, but def. have your cleaning kit out for your barrel and bolt.
This stuff is stinky and corrosive.
Reichpapers
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by Reichpapers »

:? Damn, I have a case of this stuff...not looking forward to using it now.
It's better to be silent and considered a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Abwehr

Shipping

Post by Abwehr »

The last order I got from Southern Ammo, the UPS shipping on 1K was about $10. What a deal for me, LOL Actually the shipping from IO is about the same as Southern Ammo. The only problem with IO is I can't drive to thier place and pick up. There is another place in Charlotte, NC called Classic Arms, and they have some good deals on ammo, and you can drive to their shop and pickup. Usually a freind of mine and I go about once a year for a pick up of 7.62 x 39 AK ammo. We were getting this for $80/1K and sharing the fuels cost, of $5 each, that is $85/1K, not bad. Also, we buy more junk when we are there too, LOL
Karbinator

Post by Karbinator »

Reichpapers wrote::? Damn, I have a case of this stuff...not looking forward to using it now.
I hear you , but it's the only cheap realiable 8mm out there....I hear yugo splits, even though it's brass, it's
not a better choice (some say it can be good--but too many say otherwise). The 30cal guys that converted to
8 were talking about the yugo on 1919.com-- I never went that route, and stuck it out with .308 from southern ammo.
Since the 42 is sloppy, I don't see why some Spray guncleaner couldn't blast it out of the Cam area.
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

Reichpapers wrote::? Damn, I have a case of this stuff...not looking forward to using it now.
you shouldn't use it give it to me i will take care of it lol :D
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
gunslingerdoc
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by gunslingerdoc »

We just ordered 20 cases of Romy from century and 4 cases of Yugo. Cant beat the price with the shipping included.

Southern ammo has nice 308. About 75% was Izzy or TZ (lake city I was told) and is boxer primed. The FN headstamped stuff is berdan so if you reload sort carefully....With shipping it costs me $132/1K to my door. For that price the only 308 I reload for blasting type shooting is tracers. I have noticed its a bit stinkier than the Australlian though. We have split one case in 8K rounds in my 1919 - didnt notice it until we were picking up brass to reload for tracers. No probs at all in a FNFAL or AR-10 that my buddy shoots.

UPS says 5K more should be sitting on my door step when I get home...
Smooth is Fast
nick1

On the 308

Post by nick1 »

What was the date of the Isralie. I am afraid of ammo from por. and scared that the Belgian may really be equadorian.