Philly Ord 80% MG42 Receiver

Anything MG42 related.
fredieusa

Philly Ord 80% MG42 Receiver

Post by fredieusa »

Hello All.

I have one of these and been a noob have little knowledge about it.

What are they worth? Are they any good?

I want to sell it or trade for parts to complete one of my orphaned receivers, therefor I need a starting point to their worth.

Thanks.

Fred

http://www.philaord.com/products/mg42.html

railsplitter

Re: Philly Ord 80% MG42 Receiver

Post by railsplitter »

Something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Judging by what Philadelphia is selling them for that's as best a ball park as you can get. When not getting it directly from the manufactureer you might expect to get a slight discount unless there no longer available. Why would someone pay more for a private sale when you could go directly to Philadelphia and pay their list price.
Abominog
Major
Major

Post by Abominog »

The only thing it's good for is a dummy gun, you are not going to build a semi on one.

I saw one offered about a month ago for $250. It may have been GB, or not. I don't know if it sold.
FNG
fredieusa

Post by fredieusa »

Abominog wrote:The only thing it's good for is a dummy gun, you are not going to build a semi on one.

I saw one offered about a month ago for $250. It may have been GB, or not. I don't know if it sold.

Thanks - That exactly what i was looking for. just needed a rough idea.
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

Because your PhilaOrd receiver cannot be made into a functioning firearm of any type, it is legal to sell on EBAN. If you have no philosophical objections to dealing with them, you will get the highest dollar by selling there. Why? Because the bulk of ebay users have no logical idea as to what this stuff is worth. They pay a mint.

Be absolutely clear in your ad if you choose to go there. In large letters, note that this has never been a firearm and cannot be made into a firearm. It is a dummy receiver only. There are lots of users there who are into dummy guns, so you should have a large buyer base.

Good luck.

GeeDeeEmm
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
railsplitter

Post by railsplitter »

I think if you check Ebay does not allow 80% receivers. You can list dummy guns or replicas but be careful the secret ebay police are always ready to pounce and remove "inappropriate " items
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

Eban will yank it.
I had an inert AT4 up there that got pulled. They are even afraid of a hollow plastic tube.
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

You may be correct. I'd never noticed that PhilaOrd calls their piece an "80%" receiver, yet notes that the BATFE has examined the receiver and classified it as a non-gun. :? I know that the percentage labels and designations are not official BATFE labels, but other receivers labeled as 80% have to be transferred between dealers.

In discussions here, if I recall correctly, it has been generally considered a dummy receiver because of the extensive machining necessary to make it function as a real receiver. Am I correct, here?

Regardless, since PO themselves have labeled it an 80% receiver, you are probably right. It likely CAN'T be listed on eban.

Any other thoughts?

GeeDeeEmm
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
Abominog
Major
Major

Post by Abominog »

Get a cheap M53 kit, and a Wiselite barrel bushing if you have to, slap it all together, paint it black and sell it for $1000 on Ebay.
FNG
carlque
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by carlque »

I just checked philly Ord's web site, and if you add the military blue and shipping, you are up to about $500.00 bucks! :shock: I think that is an awful LOT for a dummy receiver that could NEVER be made into a functioning firearm!!! I guess if you want a dummy and have NO mechanical skills whatsoever you would have NO choice but to buy their receiver!
carlque
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by carlque »

FRED: Sorry, Fred I guess that is not much help! I would list it on GB as a dummy and see what happens. You could start it at $250.00 with NO reserve, or have your reserve at what ever you decide! You can STILL list it on Fleabay as a dummy it might slip through, since it is NOT a real receiver. The worst that can happen is they cancel your ad!