Project Guns LLC

Anything MG42 related.
Pirate
General
General

Project Guns LLC

Post by Pirate »

Starting next week we will be moving into a new facility, and will be offering an expanded range of products and services. We have submitted our application for an 07 manufacturers license and will offer a full range of build & conversion services, the most important will be professional quality welding. We will specialize in services for the semi auto mg34 & mg42 for all of you with kits that don't have the resources to finish them.

Check our website frequently for updates for new products & services

www.projectguns.com
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Re: Project Guns LLC

Post by flemgunner »

Any ideas when you will be accepting work orders? Specifically a 34 3 cut reweld and what prices will be?
Thanx
Glenn
H_Waffenfabrik

Post by H_Waffenfabrik »

Excellent news and great post ! .......I also noticed you have a Bren tutorial on you site - very nice. 8)
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Good work Pirate!

Food for thought, I know opinions are like ____ and everyone has them but here it goes.

If ‘34 receiver pieces start to slow down, Marstar was willing to sell and de-mill to American specs ‘34 receivers for I think $395 last time I checked. I put some time into discussing this with Dave up there but my discussions with the BATF were not very productive and they (BATF) make one feel like if you ask one question too many, or the same unanswered question too many times, you are candidate to be Randy Weaver the 2nd so not wanting any incidents I backed off. But a guy with an 07 could easily justify importing receiver parts for semi-construction. If these could be imported and welded up semi, add your costs, and offered for sale, then that might be tempting for a lot of guys to purchase.

TNW makes a nice receiver but it has the hassles of sending it back for the cams and protruding barrel shaft piece, (though justifiable) it is very expensive, and I would trust your quality control any day over a TNW.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

www.Prussia.us wrote:Good work Pirate!

Food for thought, I know opinions are like ____ and everyone has them but here it goes.

If ‘34 receiver pieces start to slow down, Marstar was willing to sell and de-mill to American specs ‘34 receivers for I think $395 last time I checked. I put some time into discussing this with Dave up there but my discussions with the BATF were not very productive and they (BATF) make one feel like if you ask one question too many, or the same unanswered question too many times, you are candidate to be Randy Weaver the 2nd so not wanting any incidents I backed off. But a guy with an 07 could easily justify importing receiver parts for semi-construction. If these could be imported and welded up semi, add your costs, and offered for sale, then that might be tempting for a lot of guys to purchase.

TNW makes a nice receiver but it has the hassles of sending it back for the cams and protruding barrel shaft piece, (though justifiable) it is very expensive, and I would trust your quality control any day over a TNW.
Thats an interesting idea, worth looking into once we have the license. if it is feasable and people want them, we will give it a shot.
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

Great news, Pirate!

Once you are up and running, there will finally be a single source of services for people without skills/equipment/time to do it themselves.

May the Lord bless your undertaking! :D

GeeDeeEmm
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Pirate,

Just for the record upon inspecting my notes, the guy up there at Marstar was John not Dave as I posted above.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
MauserMatt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by MauserMatt »

flemgunner wrote:Any ideas when you will be accepting work orders? Specifically a 34 3 cut reweld and what prices will be?
Thanx
Glenn
This was the first question that came to my mind as well.... I got an Army bonus check coming... :mrgreen:
~Matt
PvtJoker

Post by PvtJoker »

Pirate, are you planning on submitting any of your conversions (like the UK-59 project or your RPD semi parts) to BATFE for approval letters, to sell as completed firearms? Or is that required if you are not offering complete weapons, but only gunsmithing services such as welding and machine work, and some parts? Also, what about the parts you currently list such as welding jigs- will they still be available while you are waiting on the 07 license? Or will all that be on hold until you get approval? Just trying to get an idea about future availability in the near term, and thinking about whether to get the UK-59 jig to attempt to weld it myself, or to wait until you have the license sorted and just spend the bucks to send it to you and pay you to do it. I don't suppose you'd have any idea yet what the weldng of it would run compared to the jig and repair sections?
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

Joker,
the rpd has already been submitted several weeks ago. should have some word on it soon. and yes the uk59 will also be submitted. all the stuff I have been doing will still be available along with a lot of new stuff.

right now we are focused on getting moved in and set up. it seams getting the most basic things done has been an up hill battle. basically we got the keys to the new place friday, we got it painted over the weekend and the electrician should be done today. hopefully we can get our electrical inspection tomorrow and the power on by friday. thursday we have the fire and code inspections, and today we are installing the a/c. we will start moving tomorrow and should be set up by the weekend. we ordered a new mill and it should be here next week.

once we are in next week we can get back to work and start offering new non ffl type products and services.
MauserMatt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by MauserMatt »

Sounds great Stan! Are you hiring? :mrgreen: I'd move down there for that line of work....
~Matt
bolex
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by bolex »

Pirate wrote:..... the most important will be professional quality welding. .......
http://www.projectguns.com
What kind of welder are you going to be using? Just looking to upgrade from my HF TIG.

Good luck on your expansion.
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

I'm as excited as a schoolgirl on prom-night :lol:. I just hope i don't get raped on taxes at customs should i need to send you my bolt and grip to have the "works" done to it for my m53 kit!
PvtJoker

Post by PvtJoker »

Hey Pirate! I was watching the weather, and I was worried about you down there in FL. Please tell us that your new shop wasn't turned into a U-Boat pen after Fay went away... :shock: Y'all alright down there???
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

PvtJoker wrote:Hey Pirate! I was watching the weather, and I was worried about you down there in FL. Please tell us that your new shop wasn't turned into a U-Boat pen after Fay went away... :shock: Y'all alright down there???
We got about a foot of rain, but it has been dry for a few weeks so it soaked right in.

We finally got power monday morning and put in 2 10 hour days and are almost ready to get started. we should be ready late tomorrow . the rest of the week will be spent finishing up work that was in progress, then we will shift to making some jigs and other parts and finishing the semi conversions in progress on the uk59 and mg15. we also have 2 "secret" projects in process that will put a smile on a lot of belt fed lovers faces!! :mrgreen:

the next couple of weeks we won't have much time to hit the boards so check the website for updates.

We will be calling for phone service and internet tomorrow and should have that in the shop in a few days.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I like that part about the semi '15! And the other new projects-we all love surprises! :D Thanks for the update. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

here are some photos of the new shop:

http://projectguns.com/shop

by the end of next week we should have a new lathe, welder, phone and internet. We started work today finaly and got to try out the new mill.
redrivertactical
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by redrivertactical »

:jump: awesome.....you will no doubt be receiving some of my stuff pirate.
redrivertactical
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by redrivertactical »

hey pirate, can you pm me a price for a gripstick conversion if i send you the stick and the fcg?
MauserMatt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by MauserMatt »

With this move are you gonna be able to make it up to Knob Creek next month Stan?
~Matt