MG42 receiver for sale, in Germany only

Anything MG42 related.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

MG42 receiver for sale, in Germany only

Post by JBaum »

Here's one that'll make ya cry. In Germany, the bolt is considered the gun. You're allowed a complete receiver, but no bolt. Here's a picture of a receiver that's for sale in Germany, for Germans only. No exports, so it's a real shame. The guy says it has some pitting, so it's for sale to the highest bidder. The bidding was at about $60 the last time I looked. In Germany, a rusted tight bolt goes for that much, and you can't get a complete bolt at all.

I can hear people sniffy now.... what a shame. For that kind of money, cutting it in half and only getting half of it would be a great deal.
Attachments
mg42.JPG
mg42.JPG (28.45 KiB) Viewed 2160 times
Last edited by JBaum on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
stifeout
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by stifeout »

:evil: :evil: :evil:
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

:shock:
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

Ja!! we must go to the father land!!!! Scnitzel and mg 42 receivers, das is gutt!!!
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Wenn ich nach Deutschland kommen kann, erhalte ich eine Säge und schneide der Gehause in 3 Stücke, um Haus einzeln zu senden. Ja!

Or for those of you who prefer it in English:

If I can get to Germany, I will get a saw and cut the receiver into 3 pieces to send home one at a time. Yes!

I really need to learn to speak German instead of just read it.

Actually, all I would need is from the cam piece to the buffer. I have a leftover front end from the days when they weren't torched in front of the cam piece. No, it's not for sale.

Karbinator

Post by Karbinator »

the bolt is considered the gun. You're allowed a complete receiver, but no bolt.

What's making me really crazy about this, is all the other guns probably over there in some Grandad's shop.
MP40's, Stg44's... I mean... if the bolt is the gun.... then these guys are sitting on some wicked stockpiles of ...ahem...nonguns..LOL
Daskraut
Oberst
Oberst

Post by Daskraut »

So where is this receivers information. Please pm me with the info.
MDMike

Post by MDMike »

The bolt is the gun??? Where did we go wrong?
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

The receiver sold for 61 euros, or about $75.00 would have been nice to just have half of it for twice the money, eh?

Daskraut
Oberst
Oberst

Post by Daskraut »

JOHN!!, where was the receiver????. I have buds over there with hack saws!!.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

I don't remember what town it was in, and I already deleted the bookmark for it. I look at a few auctions and some websites there once in a while.

If I see another one, I'll post it on here. It's the second one I've seen for sale in the last year, so it's not a common thing. It would have been nice to get some "scrap steel" imported from Germany.

Daskraut
Oberst
Oberst

Post by Daskraut »

Hey, I have a swell idea, how 'bout POSTING THE AUCTION SITES HERE so we can all share!!!! :D
goesboom

Post by goesboom »

Actually there are two parts that are considered guns in germany. The bolt and barrel.

Gun dealers in Germany will demill a gun by cutting the barrel off and throwing it away. They can not even legally sell the barrel pieces.

Then they will remove the bolt head ONLY from a bolt (if possible) and throw that away. Removing the bolt head is considered a demill of the bolt and that is legal by their laws. Then they will sell the rest of the bolt parts.

If you search the internet there are a few guns dealers that will sell the parts for a variety of German weapons and all will say bolts for sale minus bolt heads and no barrels!