Stop the insanity!

Anything MG42 related.
nutsrusted

Stop the insanity!

Post by nutsrusted »

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=85296055

For that price it had better include the vasoline.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Re: Stop the insanity!

Post by Bil »

I find it hard to believe that price! I hope the price of rivets didn't inflate it too much!! :lol: It reminds me of the Barret-Jackson auctions. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
ppsh41
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by ppsh41 »

WOW some people are nuts :shock: I sold one of dans 3 cut recvs not to long ago for $950
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

And I got a full kit and receiver,plus almost what he is selling for 1200! I really don't think that this sale reflects anything other than either someone with too much money,or someone that didn't do much research.I would hope you could do better.The 950 for an entire cut receiver is closer to the real price. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Abominog
Major
Major

Post by Abominog »

The seller probably had some retard buddy bid on it, then nobody else did.
FNG
GrayWolf

Post by GrayWolf »

holysmokes,,,,
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

Even if my semi build doesnt work, Ill take my receiver and cut it up and sell it on gunbroker! Ill make a killing!
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
Keep Up The Fire

Post by Keep Up The Fire »

There is a sucker born every minute, to bad the world is full of them, but there again who would we sell are stuff to. :lol:
URAR1004
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by URAR1004 »

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=86475300

What's up with this, and it's still going??????? No parts kits????
This has been on and off gunbroker for a while now........Maybe he'll get it sold??

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=86389616

This guy is just getting over 1K with two parts kits?????
2 parts kits 400.00 puts the receiver just over $604.00
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

The second one is a guy here,it was posted last week.I wish I had the bucks to spare-thats what happens when you think you need everything! :? The first one would go good with the front half in the beginning of this thread.Just get a parts kit and you will be on your way.He may have one for around $600 or so.I notice in most of these ads the descriptive word 'minty'.I suppose that refers to the mouthwash you use to get the bad taste out after you spend a pile of money for half of a gun with no parts.Wait till the guys with piles of 2000 dollar 53 kits see this! :shock: ---bil
cz2
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Post by cz2 »

Insanity?,maybe not.The complete bbl.jacket,no cuts in bearing end,no cuts in the caming section= all the important dimensions/locations for correct gun function.The rear just mounts the stock,fcg,and the rails to guide bolt.The front end controls locking/unlocking,timing of ops.
It would sure save me 3 welds,one that is going to be tough to get correct.I'd probably go a grand on it!Sell the"minty"bbl. and have the better 1/2 for 800$,why not?
:? Enough ramblings from me,later lads.
cz2
All glory is fleeting.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Add this and you are done!! :lol:
Attachments
a17 (600 x 450) (2).jpg
a17 (600 x 450) (2).jpg (17.63 KiB) Viewed 2004 times
ppsh41
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by ppsh41 »

:shock: $2474 for a mg42 front end I just mite have to sell mine with all the rest of the parts
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

This has got to be either a scam ,fake sale,or just plain lunacy :shock: There is no way this reflects any sort of real-world value.I would love to know the real story on this. ---bil
ppsh41
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by ppsh41 »

two bidders fighting to pay over 2g's for this part crazzzzzzzzy
PvtJoker

Post by PvtJoker »

:shock: Mein Gott!!!

Either the dollar is REALLY getting worthless, or our little projects are suddenly being made out of genuine Unobtainium!!!
Demontrooper
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Demontrooper »

Ok, here I come out of left field; I know I have not been around recently ha ha.

I think that there are some dealers trying to raise the market prices of these items by staging auctions, so that they can sell their stuff off legitimately at a newer higher price. I watched that guy from Uniquecanes.com do it to a lot of the stuff he sells. I think that he might even be completely responsible for raising the prices of MP40 parts sets (a few years ago); since he was the only guy dealing them at the time. I remember how mp40 sets used to cost under 1k, then he started selling his for $2,000, and the market prices skyrocketed.

I'm still here guys, just float around a bit: I don't have much to say except that my finals are this week.
"The best argument against democracy is a
five-minute conversation with the average voter." Winston Churchill, 1874 – 1965.

"How fortunate for leaders that men do not think." Adolph Hitler
bolex
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by bolex »

Demontrooper wrote:I'm still here guys, just float around a bit: I don't have much to say except that my finals are this week.

Good luck.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Yes,good luck-just be carefull-then comes graduation,followed by the outside world! :lol: My advise-don't do it!! :shock: ---bil
PvtJoker

Post by PvtJoker »

Bil wrote:Yes,good luck-just be carefull-then comes graduation,followed by the outside world! :lol: My advise-don't do it!! :shock: ---bil
Naahh; there's ALWAYS Grad school!!! :lol: