Semi auto trigger options??

Anything MG42 related.
ScottD
Major
Major

Semi auto trigger options??

Post by ScottD »

Well, my receiver is finished. For most of you that are following you know that I made matters SO much worse by doing it myself. Id like to avoid giving myself another headache and considering purchasing a prefab semi grip. Does anybody know who sells them and how much they cost? (Wiselite has them listed but no price) Id prefer a FAL group but will settle on AR parts if the price is right.
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
bolex
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Re: Semi auto trigger options??

Post by bolex »

One advantage in using the Wiselite semi grip is that it is approved by the BATF as a FCG in the Century weapon. I use one and have no issues with it. However I have seen statements in this forum that several members have strong opinions about using one. Check the suppliers and services forum for other options.
PvtJoker

Post by PvtJoker »

Well, for what its worth, for mine, I went with PanaceaBeachBum's AR grip and matching bolt mods. It wasn't the cheapest route, BUT even if it takes longer to finsih my weapon, at least I have confidence that it will work right WHEN it gets finished. I was VERY happy with the quality of his work, and the grip he makes is very well-made. As far as his current prices go, you'd probably need to check with him on that. But I would recommend him to a friend.
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

I have both ar and fal types available.
PvtJoker

Post by PvtJoker »

I didn't mean to imply ANYTHING against Pirate and what he offers, and I hope it wasn't taken that way by him or anyone else. At the time I bought my parts, Pirate wasn't even selling any of his parts or services at that point. Now, granted, I AM very impressed with the ease of use of PBB's set-up, and I have no problem giving him credit where due for having a good product. The post asked for options, and since I only have direct experience with PBB's product (and I am happy with it) I wanted to mention PBB. That's all there was to it. Stan's done a LOT for this community, and I wouldn't have even started this project without his tutorial as a guide. There's always room for improvement in ANY design, and the more heads working on the problems, the better off we all are for it.

I just wanted to make sure that was clear from my original post.
mgfun
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Post by mgfun »

Well, as an aside, I have been listening, but can't tell if there is a true advantage to the FAL or AR? It seems like they both work - sometimes in some peoples guns. I feel rudderless on this one.

Pirate, you are spending a lot of energy on the FAL style. I am assuming you see an advantage in it. Is it hammer weight or force?

I am wondering if bolt and firing pin construction aren't the biggest hurdles and maybe either fcg works ok. I'm sure others are better informed.

Please advise.
Regards,
mgfun
mgfun
sdk1968
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by sdk1968 »

remember im new to this gun...

with that said:

ive bought quite a bit of stuff from both Pirate and PBB and have no problem with either of their work or products.

im going with Pirate on this, his work is fantastic and you couldnt ask for a better guy to deal with who wil help steer you when you get "rudderless". trust me on this, he's steered me several times on builds.
say what you mean & mean what you say
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

mgfun wrote:Well, as an aside, I have been listening, but can't tell if there is a true advantage to the FAL or AR? It seems like they both work - sometimes in some peoples guns. I feel rudderless on this one.

Pirate, you are spending a lot of energy on the FAL style. I am assuming you see an advantage in it. Is it hammer weight or force?

I am wondering if bolt and firing pin construction aren't the biggest hurdles and maybe either fcg works ok. I'm sure others are better informed.

Please advise.
Regards,
mgfun
Basically the fal fcg has a stronger hammer spring. it hits harder and also provides more back pressure to prevent primer blow out.

I am also working on a new bolt conversion to eliminate the binding problems with the bolt. this new conversion will be availabe soon.
mgfun
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Post by mgfun »

Thanks Pirate.

Just a few words helps clarify a lot.
Regards,
mgfun
mgfun
Dan@AngolaArmory

Post by Dan@AngolaArmory »

The most successful designs to date have added weight to the hammer, no spring changes, to overcome hard primers.
FWIW,
Dan