New Mainspring: Update

Anything MG42 related.
bolex
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Re: New Mainspring: Update

Post by bolex »

Thank you for the update, please keep us in the loop, not daily, just a couple times a month if possible.
KanonDel

Post by KanonDel »

MGW LLC wrote:Sorry everyone, I have had a LOT on my plate as of late.

Lots of personal drama and I have been trying to keep up with my projects in the space between.

I'll have 12 springs to send out for general testing around mid Jan.
If you shoot your S/A 42 a lot, I would like your help in running these through the paces.
I will be using the feedback I get back for the final run. I want to get this right the first time but that is not always guaranteed, thus the trial.

If anyone would like to have their money refunded please PM me your name, address and how many springs you have paid for. This is a work in progress and if anyone is unhappy, I will do my best to make it right.
Sure you will, like how I sent you $4k at the beginning of April for .308 and never received it or my refund I was promised in July.

Read all about it here:
http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=109&t=426934
ctlaw74

SLOW DOWN...

Post by ctlaw74 »

Guys you need to slow down.

Murphy is working on some costly projects for me right now and I can see how easy it would be to jump on the lynch mob band wagon.

Research and Development from the standpoint of a small company is time consuming and costly. How do you think a small start up business pays for these things? They use investors, of (pre-payors) funds. That is why you prepay, its not a secret or rockect science. Just like a group buy on Weaponeer. By cancelling your orders, legally Murphy must refund you your money, however the reality is he's used that capital to fund the development, so it's not suprising that the liquid funds aren't readily at his disposal.

As far as the ammunition deal, I've read the posting at AR15 and while everyone jumps on him, there are two sides to every story.

Believe me if I'm getting screwed I'll get my money back, but for right now give the guy the beneift of the doubt. A sick family member (father) can be very taxing emotionally and financially.

Don't put a great future gun business out of business before it really gets rolling. Look, Century Arms hasn't put out their MG53 yet and they've been advertising for months. I have seen pictures of Conrad with one he built. At least there's a real product.

Don't let us down Conrad and we'll give you time.

Sincerely,
Matt
KanonDel

Re: SLOW DOWN...

Post by KanonDel »

ctlaw74 wrote:Guys you need to slow down.

Murphy is working on some costly projects for me right now and I can see how easy it would be to jump on the lynch mob band wagon.

Research and Development from the standpoint of a small company is time consuming and costly. How do you think a small start up business pays for these things? They use investors, of (pre-payors) funds. That is why you prepay, its not a secret or rockect science. Just like a group buy on Weaponeer. By cancelling your orders, legally Murphy must refund you your money, however the reality is he's used that capital to fund the development, so it's not suprising that the liquid funds aren't readily at his disposal.

As far as the ammunition deal, I've read the posting at AR15 and while everyone jumps on him, there are two sides to every story.

Believe me if I'm getting screwed I'll get my money back, but for right now give the guy the beneift of the doubt. A sick family member (father) can be very taxing emotionally and financially.

Don't put a great future gun business out of business before it really gets rolling. Look, Century Arms hasn't put out their MG53 yet and they've been advertising for months. I have seen pictures of Conrad with one he built. At least there's a real product.

Don't let us down Conrad and we'll give you time.

Sincerely,
Matt
Man you must be on some good drugs, how does him having my money and me having nothing relate to 2 sides to every story? If he refunded my 4k instead of stealing it or at least sent me the ammo there would be 0 problems.
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

KanonDel your problem is on AR15 forum, deal with it there. Your 4 posts into your membership here and everyone of them is attacking MGW LLC for a problem he has admitted to and it will not be beaten to death here on this forum.

If you have an interest in this forum your more than welcome to stay an participate whether you like or hate MGW LLC or me, but if your only here to continually attack MGW LLC your stay here will be short.
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
KanonDel

Post by KanonDel »

drooling idiot wrote:KanonDel your problem is on AR15 forum, deal with it there. Your 4 posts into your membership here and everyone of them is attacking MGW LLC for a problem he has admitted to and it will not be beaten to death here on this forum.

If you have an interest in this forum your more than welcome to stay an participate whether you like or hate MGW LLC or me, but if your only here to continually attack MGW LLC your stay here will be short.
All I am trying to do is keep others from having what happened to me happen to them..........
SHARPSSHOOTER5090
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by SHARPSSHOOTER5090 »

I appologise to all if I stired up a hornet's nest.
SHARPSSHOOTER5090
bolex
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by bolex »

SHARPSSHOOTER5090 wrote:I appologise to all if I stired up a hornet's nest.
No need to apologize, MGW LLC hadn't posted for a while so your question was legit. However I agree with drooling idiot, KanonDel was not just informing about his problem with MGW LLC, but attacking him. Thank you, KanonDel for your information.
j. bergmann

Post by j. bergmann »

Mr.Murphy i hope you have record of how many springs were paided for and a list of purchasers.I have paid you for 4 springs and would like them soon!This statement in your last post disturbs me that you have no purchase record???
quote:
If anyone would like to have their money refunded please PM me your name, address and how many springs you have paid for. This is a work in progress and if anyone is unhappy, I will do my best to make it right.
mr. wipple

Post by mr. wipple »

Anyone hear anything? I would like to hear how the twelve test springs ran in other peoples SA 42.
blackreichswehr
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by blackreichswehr »

not to ruffle feathers , just make your own springs, its easy you can make a simple hand winder that fits in the vise. i make my own springs on my lathe, just engage the lead screw and away you go. it should'nt be a big problem getting them made, it does'nt take the whole coil line in a plant to do this - orders less than 50 springs are done by hand winding anyhow, so the rest of the line is in production of large orders . i have'nt made my main compession spring for the m53 yet because i'm working on my bolt . i do have the spring pitch figured out and the length of music wire i need to order and next week end make my spring and then test old betsy out.
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

Just curious what size music wire are you talking about? Also wound strings or just the solid ones? any info you could give on this would rock. I need some springs for another project and this sounds like just the ticket
Thanx
Glenn
blackreichswehr
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

flemgunner, 25coils+2 inactive,closed&ground-5/8 pitch, 15-3/4 lgth.- wire size 0.060, AISI 1085 -same i.d. & o.d. as stock, braided coil -reduces deflefection and coil over lay
sdk1968
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by sdk1968 »

hmmmm interesting info on the spring wire size.. thanks will look into this a bit further now.
say what you mean & mean what you say
blackreichswehr
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

had a pm on how to braid/twist the wire, plus the length needed for the compression spring. It's going to take about 18 feet for the spring,get 20 so you can work with it. the braid/twist can be accomplished by yourself but, it's easier with two.You don't need any special tools, althought the secret is to maintain strong even tension. I have set up for this but you can appoarch this in a number of ways.Find the center of the wire and mark it, thread one dead end through to your center (use round stock to loop over)and match the ends.At your dead ends, you'll need to use a swivel w/a handle, attach your ends to this. You will need a 3/8" wood dowel rod 10" long. kerf each end the size of the wire your using and to the depth as well.Now stretch your wire between two points of something that does'nt move or give, with your wires parallel take the rod to the loop end. About 10" from the loop, insert the wire into the kerfs of the dowel rod, now face towards the dead ends. Have your work mate draw the wire noticably tight, maintain this- do not change until your done. Facing to the dead end, were your work mate will be, start turning your dowel rod clockwise(away from you) to twist the wire together.Your work mate will have to get in time with you and counter turn his end so it does'nt begin twisting at his end.When turning the dowel maintain the 10" advance all the way to the end,be obvious of the V in the wire between the rod and your twist point , keep your dowel even. Don't go fast ,take your time. practice on some mechanic's wire to get the feel for it.
sdk1968
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by sdk1968 »

braiding the wire is also easy done with a screwgun..... just chuck it up and spin. but im not sure im capable enough to get the big coils the right space apart.
blackreichswehr
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

yes sdk 1968 , i know you can use a screw gun-- i could use the power take off on a bull dozer too but thats no going to get the overlay even. this was advise for those without access to a $500K machine with 20 spools feedind it
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

That would be one big spring! Thanks for telling us the right way.It always amazes me how much knowledge is availlable on this site. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
URAR1004
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by URAR1004 »

Did anyone receive a test spring?
sdk1968
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by sdk1968 »

blackreichswehr wrote:yes sdk 1968 , i know you can use a screw gun-- i could use the power take off on a bull dozer too but thats no going to get the overlay even. this was advise for those without access to a $500K machine with 20 spools feedind it
very funny!

but we actually do twist stainless steel wire this way every day. it just makes the twist way tighter than my 53 springs.

can get the diameter correct.

my question was honest: how do you get the coils the correct distance apart?

no, im not planning on doing it... but you do seem to have the know how.

care to share?