Need to find a range or private shooting area near Richmond!

Anything MG42 related.
hcpookie
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Need to find a range or private shooting area near Richmond!

Post by hcpookie »

Murphy's Law just went into effect! It figures that the Chickahominy range is closing for 2 months on July 1st - just a week before my family arrives to visit. I am going to treat my dad, brother, and nephew to some range fun since I have no idea when they will be up again from OKC to visit me here in Virginia.

I plan to let my family enjoy shooting at least most of my collection - AK's, my just-built VZ, my MG42 semi, my SPAS, and anything they bring along with them. In fact we are building their AK's in my garage and it will be a big family bonding thing with three generations - build and shoot all in the same week!

Anyone out there know of a good open range within a reasonable driving distance of Richmond Virginia? And by "good open range" I mean some place where "Bubba the Deer Hunting Range Nazi" won't freak out when he sees my Evil Gun collection. That's exactly what happened at one of these membership-dependant ranges the last time I went. I therefore only like going to open ranges (read: unmonitored) or private land.

I'm willing to negotiate trigger time for use on private land! :)