Barrel shroud on eban

Anything MG42 related.
longhorn109
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Barrel shroud on eban

Post by longhorn109 »

Just found this on ebay. The rivet is still in the camming piece so the shroud may still be intact.
http://cgi.ebay.com/GERMAN-WW2-MG-42-BA ... wItem[url][/url]
It's nothing to do with me just FYI. God I sound like management now.
The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.
propos

Re: Barrel shroud on eban

Post by propos »

Not only that but the front barrel bushing is intact. No need to weld a new one on. Seems like a good price for a shroud in that condition. One less weld to make and no need to buy a $125 barrel bushing.
Karbinator

Post by Karbinator »

I'll bet it gets over 300.
longhorn109
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by longhorn109 »

I am quite interested to see what this goes for. No price change for a while though. I wonder if anyone here is going to bid.. or has bid on it.
The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.
longhorn109
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by longhorn109 »

More pics have been added. Camming section IS intact and it is a saw cut part. Still only $152 got to be a bargain at that price I bet the last bidder has a high proxy bid on it. I think the bidding will move a lot in the last 2 minutes.
centerx

Post by centerx »

Stalled out at $355 since last night. Wont be surprised if it goes for $400+ near the end of auction.
Karbinator

Post by Karbinator »

Hmmmm..... Someone must have gave him an offer
he couldn't refuse :?
The ad has disappeared
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by JBaum »

I'm sure the ad disappeared because ebay yanked it. For some reason, MG34 parts are OK, but they have a fetish for removing things for the MG42.

The last intact front barrel shroud I saw on ebay went for $900+. Not worth that much, of course, but that happens a lot with people who don't know any better, or have few assembly skills.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
j.bal
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by j.bal »

They yanked it. I bid up to 350.00 and got notifacation earlier.
azcraig

Post by azcraig »

I received notification of the auction cancelation. I guess that how it got the nickname eban. :(
longhorn109
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by longhorn109 »

A useful tip, that is actually a bit late now, Is to save the web pace to your computer. Not a CONTROL+D as that only bookmarks the page and if it is gone it wont load. Go to file and click SAVE PAGE AS then you have a copy of the page. That way if it gets yanked you still have the sellers user name and you can contact them if they have another item up for sale. Another good idea is to email them your email address. And yes I do forget to do this and miss stuff because it has been yanked. :roll:
smoggle

Post by smoggle »

Problem is also the guys put it up for too long. Needs to be a one day auction a two tops. This keeps it out of sight of their minions who report back to them.
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

Remember thos Nazi Tshirts Walmart was selling? The ones with the Deaths Head on it? Well, there was a guy on ebay selling them.. the heading was "Nazi Totenkopf Walmart shirt". The auction ran for a full seven days. (I actually contacted him and had him create a second auction for me in my size!) WTF!! A blatant Nazi reference doesnt get pulled, but MG42 parts wont last 2-3 days!?
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

There is actually a web site that is monitoring those shirts.It seems Mallfart didn't pull the shirts,they just stopped selling them!? How do you do that??? Many of the stores still stock them,but when you get to the register,it gets red-flagged and they won't sell them.The site has pics of folks in the store trying them on,and video of the store managers getting pissed when they are confronted with this stupid policy.They figured it was more cost effective to just leave the shirts there than to remove them and send them back.The site also has a list of the stores that still stock them.I don't know what is funnier,the wal-mart method,or the people that have nothing better to do than go around trying to buy them for the re-action.Or maybe me for going to the site. Best related topic T shirt.On the front,like a concert shirt-Adolph Hitler-World Tour 1939-1945 On the back was a map of Europe,with a list of 'play dates' i.e. Sept 1,1939-Danzig,Poland.End of the list was -final play date-April 30,1945. I liked it-offensive,yet funny. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
smoggle

Post by smoggle »

Of fthe subject but in line with Bil is who the F**K sells the thongs in sizes over 30" waist size!!

Now that is offensive!!!