Hi everyone, almost a new MG42 parts kit owner...

Anything MG42 related.
MauserMatt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Hi everyone, almost a new MG42 parts kit owner...

Post by MauserMatt »

I see some familiar names from the 1919 board. Though since I'm such a quiet guy maybe my name wont be as familiar. Well I'm saying hi anyway.. :D

I got in on the MG42 group buy over at weapnoneer.net and can't WAIT to get my hands on that kit!! Though this looks a lot more complicated than the two 1919's I've done, it still looks do-able..

Anyway, on to my first question... :twisted: What is the first thing i should do with the kit to start the semi-build process? Clean up the torch cuts? Start saving my pennies to have huntsinmountains do the bolt and other mods? With the 1919 it was pretty straight forward, with this I don't know where to start..

And I know some of you might not want to think about it, but what is the ballpark figure you've spent to get your MG42 rockin (in semi) again? Again, I was able to figure the costs of the 1919 easily, with this I don't know what everything is going to cost..

Thanks guys, I look forward to discussing the build further! :!:
~Matt
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

hi matt welcome, hunts for the mods, as soon as you get the parts contact him about shippin out the bolt and grip as he is buisy, this will give you lots of time to get crackin on that reciever, tack with mig is ok but general concencus is tig for final, get in on any extras and accesories you can, this is actualy more important than workin on the gun as these are gettin scarce with all the guys buildin guns and the prices are sure to shoot up fast when more come in, lots of info here good luck :D
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
Daskraut
Oberst
Oberst

Post by Daskraut »

Welcome FNG. My advice is READ ALL THESE POSTS!!!. There is much knowledge here, also ask alot of questions before you spend big bucks (DUH). The gun is real simple once you get to know the parts. Tom R and the boys will take good care of you. Daskraut. :D
Shortrnd

Post by Shortrnd »

Hey Matt! You finally made it over. Good for you. You are at the right place for sure.
MauserMatt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by MauserMatt »

Thanks guys, I do appreciate the welcome! :)

I've been lurking for a while, and I never thought when I registered back in April that I would actually be buying a parts kit. Good things come to those who wait I guess...

So far I've been through all the forums and have checked out almost everything on this site and have certain threads bookmarked... I just can't wait to start building!!
~Matt