Parts Mods

Post by salt6 »

Ok, who out there is doing what mods for us builders. :D
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

tanker is building a bucking wedge and getting rivets, huntsinmtns will do bolt mods $80 or bolt ext$40 and firing pin $7, and trigger assem mods $150 if you supply ar14 parts, $195 if he supplys ar15 parts, and he has a running gun hope this helps
Cpt_Kirks

Post by Cpt_Kirks »

Tanker's bucking bars are a wonder to behold. He showed me one of his M2 bars at Camden.

I remember reading about his bars and wondering "Wedges? What do wedges have to do with it?". One glance and it made perfect sense.
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

I believe he will try to adapt mg42 parts to his current system like an add on feature
1919gunner

Post by 1919gunner »

Has anyone had huntsinmtns do their bolt mods yet? I am interested in having him do the work and was wondering about the quality. Please, no offence meant huntsinmtns just wondering. I will probably have you do the full bolt mod on both my kits soon. How long is the turn around?
gearlogo
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by gearlogo »

The quality is first rate. Truly a fine job. Well worth the money as messing around for the right fit will drive you nuts. I will send him my lower also when I have the cash in hand
1919gunner

Post by 1919gunner »

thanks for the info. like I said earlier I will probably let him do it soon. Shawn
Karbinator

Bucking Bar?wedges?

Post by Karbinator »

ok, I've been meaning to ask this for some time now on the 1919 board.
What is a Bucking Bar and/or wedges?!>? Where does it-they go?

Skip
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

a bucking bar/wedge system is just a backer used for the riveting process,you install the rivets in there holes and put the adjustable bar behind them to hold them tight while you peen/buck them, if you go through the build tutorial at 1919 there should be pics, hope this helps
Karbinator

Thanks

Post by Karbinator »

Tom , thanks, I can sleep better now .

Skip in VA