MG42 receiver needed, please help!

Anything MG42 related.
ctlaw74

MG42 receiver needed, please help!

Post by ctlaw74 »

Hi:
Very new to this whole MG42 thing, but just picked up some parts kits, 1 from SARCO and 2 from Centerfire and a receiver (3 cut from IMA). The Sarco kit arrived and is beautiful and the trunion piece that everybody says is cut up is in perfect condition. No cuts right through it or anything. Looks like my IMA receiver lines right up with it (albeit some torch slag).

Problem is I just called IMA and they are out of receivers. I want to get another cut receiver. Does anybody have one they can sell me so I can build my two guns?

No preference on codes or dates or anything, just need a receiver. I know somebody's got to have a closet full! :lol:

Thanks in advance.

Matthew
CTLAW74@aol.com

Peoples Republic of Konnecticut
M1 Tanker
Oberst
Oberst

Post by M1 Tanker »

Your best bet is to post a WTB ad in the for sale section, surf the auction houses and cross your fingers. The days of the 3 and 4 cut receivers are over, so be prepared to spend $900-$1200 on just he torch cut receiver section. They are still out there, but ya gotta be on your toes to find one.

Good Luck!
URAR1004
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by URAR1004 »

Sent you an e-mail regarding you're kits. Thanks
ctlaw74

Thanks for the tips.

Post by ctlaw74 »

I'll keep an eye out.
PM

?

Post by PM »

ON your sarco kit are you talking about the trunion or the receiver section that goes under it? The only kits I've seen not cut through this section are the Numrich/Gunparts kits or the old IMA kits that were sawed off behind the trunion.
hakentt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by hakentt »

Am selling one in "for sale" section.
franks71vw

Post by franks71vw »

Just wondering since this is my first post. but I would like to build a yugo M53 parts kit and was wondering were i can get a receiver, and misc Items. Basically looking to see how much money i will spend in building one.. it would go good in my collection.... Also, is there someone that I can send my kit too and have them build it as I dont have much time with work.... I have talked to allied armamanet and I think the may be building theese inthe future... but would like to find someone now... any hepls and direction would help... :?:
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Hello all-I,m new here,but have been reading you for some time now.Very good site! Please excuse any mistakes,as I am computer illiterate,and no high-speed-hooked up to an old telegraph line.Anyway,I currently have Allegheny Arsenal non-guns-both mg34 & mg42.Both are fun to look at and play with,but would like to SHOOT ! AR15 doesn't do it anymore.So,thinking make my own SA.Hove ordered MG 34 parts kit from A>A>-good move or no? Please advise.Would also try MG 42,as my welding is better than my machining skills.Opinions,please-I know you guys know your stuff! Thank you---bil
striker754
Oberst
Oberst

Post by striker754 »

i might be selling my mg34. has the semi auto mods, and a welded receiver. receiver will be cut before being shipped because of liability purposes. have carry handle and 2 barrels, 1 is mirror

I also have a welding jig for it. I never got it to work because I didnt measure a certain section before welding, a problem that can be easily fixed by rewelding the cuts i will make.

not sure of a price, but if you have something in mind let me know. it is a complete kit with receiver, 2 barrels, carry handle, welding jig.
orione6a
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Post by orione6a »

PM sent
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Stryker-would be interested in your mg42 parts,etc.Any idea $$$ ? I still havent hit 10 posts yet.PM sent-what does that mean? My e-mail-Bil@ Sover.net .Thanks
striker754
Oberst
Oberst

Post by striker754 »

the kit is an mg34 not 42
Cpt_Kirks

Post by Cpt_Kirks »

Look at the top of the page where it says "messages". If it is flashing red, you have a PM.