Battle Damage on my M53?

Anything MG42 related.
pdstout

Battle Damage on my M53?

Post by pdstout »

Guys, I was going through a frw of my M53 kits today. I found a kit with a bullet hole in the barrel jacket. I like it, it gives it a story. I think I will build it in to a Post sample.
P. Stout 07FFL/SOT
Attachments
MVC-001L.JPG
MVC-001L.JPG (81.84 KiB) Viewed 1352 times
MVC-002L.JPG
MVC-002L.JPG (75.37 KiB) Viewed 1352 times
Gunmetal

Post by Gunmetal »

I have one with a bullet hole through the foot of the right side bypod foot, very cool I don't plan on fixing it.
oldiron

Also had one with a barrel jacket hit--

Post by oldiron »

Mine was hit on the left side of the jacket where the round hole is up by the flash hider I did not even notice the bullet hit for a couple months-- Would post a picture but I sold the parts with a front end cut off from Brp so that you really didn't need to fix it at all-- It was actually hard to notice !!
BeltFedTed

Post by BeltFedTed »

Cool....
I gotta K98 with a bullet still wedged in the stock!
oldiron

Ours or theirs??

Post by oldiron »

Would be interesting to see what caliber bullet was stuck into you stock-- When the Chinese re-import rusty 1903 springfields came into the US in the 1980's I found signal flags; Japanese flags and silk dresses torn up as cleaning rags; and after I burned the moldy rotten wood two chinese gold coins and a few bullets appeared magically out of the ashes. The bullets had to have been imbedded in the wood; and the gold coins were probably hidden contraband from some long forgotten soldier in WWII--
Hessian
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

!

Post by Hessian »

OOOPS, Those gold coins are mine I left them with those rifles by mistake... would you kindly mail them to me :mrgreen:
hakentt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by hakentt »

Thats cool
oldiron

Sure will do tomorrow morning !!

Post by oldiron »

Send me your address and tomorrow I will send you the gold coins !! I have a personal Air mail assistant her name is Emelia Earhardt or something like that -- she is out there working on her lockheed Electra with some guy named Fred --
MAX-LEADFLO

Post by MAX-LEADFLO »

Thinking about getting a M53 kit, any dates on the gun?
none123

Post by none123 »

MAX-LEADFLO wrote:Thinking about getting a M53 kit, any dates on the gun?
not if you buy the current crop of kits.....you dont get the entire rear of the gun.

why do you care about a date on a m53. a mg42 I can understand but a 53?
MAX-LEADFLO

Post by MAX-LEADFLO »

I was referring to the gun in the thread for the date, sorry for the confusion.