other built semis

Anything MG42 related.
1919gunner

other built semis

Post by 1919gunner »

Just a curiosity but what other sa guns have you guys built from parts sets? I personally have built a Bulgarian ak74, cobray m-11, 2 1919's, and I have a Bren, and 2 mg42's in the works. Just wondering. 8)
salt6
General
General
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by salt6 »

AK74

AK47 Underfoleder

M1919 x2

FAL

AR15 x4

UZI

CENTME in the works

M60 just laying around in a pile of parts.

All are semi of course. :(

SB
Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

John Newton (1725-1807)

George Orwell

salt6
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

well I built a sas3 (that works) bren mk1 is assembled need to do the guts, upgraded my glock to a factory 3 lb trigger, extended slide release, extended mag release, colt 1911 has been totaly disassembled demodified, install stock parts didn't like so re moded, mg42 is in process, colt 1928/ browning 1919 wc hybrid collecting parts, vickers waiting on sa design, maxim waiting on sa design, beretta smg waiting on weaponeer buy for sa kit to go forward
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
1919gunner

Post by 1919gunner »

How hard was the FAL? I've been thinking about an STG-58 from military gun supply in Ft. Worth but I wasn't sure how hard or the overall cost to build this rifle. I need to get a kit now though before they are all gone. 8)
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

SEE YOU GUYS ARE LUCKY , alot of these are on the no no list in n.j.
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
salt6
General
General

Post by salt6 »

The only hard part is putting on the barrel. You have to make a receiver block, made mine from some scrap walnut. I got lucky and it timed out perfectly. $100 kit from FAC and $180 IMBEL receiver and I have an FAL. The kit was butt ugly. Had green house paint on all the exterior. Cleaned up pretty good, never had it refinished. I like it better than my Springfield M1A.

Steve
Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

John Newton (1725-1807)

George Orwell

salt6
1919gunner

Post by 1919gunner »

Do you think the M60 is a project that you will ever see finished? Seems like that might be the mother of all semi builds. Considering that even the large manufacturers had a heck of a time building one that worked.
Karbinator

M60 manufact.

Post by Karbinator »

...and just think , the guys in Salvador have an army touting the beat up m60 from original production. Long shotgun News article about them failing, and conversions the troops are doing to them.

skip
Jason

'

Post by Jason »

several bolt rifles

few ar's

mg42 now in progress
Reichpapers
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by Reichpapers »

Most of my experience stems from working on K98's, but on the build side, I have some experience with building:

Polish AK47 underfolder
M16A2
CETME
PPSH41 semi
MG42 (just what Dennis showed me as the gun was progressing)
MG34 (I have owned MG34 kits on and off over the years, but always ended up unloading them. Guess my interests always faded as I never had the funds to persue a proper colllection.)
It's better to be silent and considered a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.