Early WWII Bakelite Stock release button

Anything MG42 related.
Bigbang
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter
Anti-spam: Mg42

Early WWII Bakelite Stock release button

Post by Bigbang »

I have been trying to get some clarification on what the release button should look like on and early WWII Bakelite stock. I know it should have concentric rings but I have seen pictures in which the button appears to be flat with a center dot and 2 engraved rings surrounding it. I have also seen a picture of one with a domed button with a center dot and 3 engraved rings surrounding it. I have pictures of the two for comparison and both appear to have a Waffenamt stamp. Which one is correct or are both or none correct. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. I’m a little new at posting and originally posted this over on “Chatter” and have yet to figure out how to reply to a PM.
56E2A2CC-F6FC-4D7D-BAFA-2BE754F74DB9.jpeg
632FB2E0-3857-4B91-98C0-D848F75FB08C.jpeg
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Early WWII Bakelite Stock release button

Post by 42rocker »

Between computer problems and busy I did not post back on the other topic. Thanks for posting the pics.
On almost all of the early mg42 wood butt stocks that I have seen they had the ringed bottom. Yugo's seemed to have the flat bottom.
That said I don't have any info on the bakelite stock release buttons that I know of.
Also find it interesting that you have a WaAmped plan bottomed one.

Later 42rocker
bauble
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Re: Early WWII Bakelite Stock release button

Post by bauble »

Hello i am new having trouble posting a message ???
What i want is .
I have a mg34 lafette changed by the Yugoslav army to a 42.
i have the original 34 sleigh
I wish to change it back to a mg34. i have removed the 42 sleigh and ready for exchange.
I have a 34 trigger actuator single/auto fire.
My question is the square hole in the side of the sleigh the same for the 42 trigger actuator or is the 34 a larger size hole? Robert