Newbie to MG42

Anything MG42 related.
vdw0202
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy
Anti-spam: Mg42

Newbie to MG42

Post by vdw0202 »

Just wanted to introduce myself now that I can post!
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Newbie to MG42

Post by 42rocker »

Welcome to the site.

The search button works great. If you need anything just post as there are several nice folks on this site and of course one old grumpy guy, but.

Later 42rocker
Tommygunn
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Tommygunn »

Welcome aboard. Lots of interesting stuff here.

Tom.
vdw0202
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy

Post by vdw0202 »

Thanks everyone!

A little about myself:

As far as BFMGs, I have a 1919 and a MG34 that I picked up from Centerfire a few years back. Both are SA. I also have a couple of MG42 kits from APEX also purchased a while back. If memory serves me right, I believe the 42 kits have a good number of German 42 parts with some Yugo M53 parts i'm sure.

Due to a major car accident (hit by drunk going 90) and subsequent multiple back surgeries, I haven't opened the 42 kits (can't lift them...lol). I also haven't been able to shoot the assembled SA BFMGs. Due to the financial strain of losing my job due to the accident, I had to sell much of my beloved things, but I was lucky/smart enough to keep these until the end.

Now that I have a forum filled with persons of infinite knowledge specific to the MG42, I'll have to convince the wife to drag them out and take some pics for you. Hopefully I can glean some useful information from the plethora of knowledge here!
usmc8488
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by usmc8488 »

Welcome

Read, read, read, study and ask questions before you build. I am on my second build now, the first (M53 SA) turned out Ok, thanks to "Mech Warrior" and Brian at BRP, learned a lot.

The second MG42 SA is coming along better.
Abominog
Major
Major

Post by Abominog »

Do yourself a favor and get a few of member John's MG42 books at www.germanmanuals.com. They are translated reproductions of original manuals and have all that info you can't find in any book. He has like seven thousand manuals on just the MG42, I forgot which ones I believe are the best to start with, but if you read a bunch of threads you'll find the discussion. And the books are relatively inexpensive.
FNG
vdw0202
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy

Post by vdw0202 »

Great! Thanks for the intel/heads up!