Diagram of Wise Lite new style bolt ?

Anything MG42 related.
Shelly
Stabsgefreiter
Stabsgefreiter
Anti-spam: Mg42

Diagram of Wise Lite new style bolt ?

Post by Shelly »

Does anyone have a drawing or photo(s) of how the newer type Wise Lite bolt goes back together. A couple parts like the big tube that fits inside can go in either way (the ends are slightly different).

Note that in my photo I do not imply any directions or orientations, either... its just the parts laid out.

I contacted Wise Lite and they could not/would not provide me with any info as to how the bolt goes together. Nor do they have a schematic of it.

Also, what is the best/cheapest place to get a new charging handle? Mine is bent (the front little foot on the end of the rod, that engages the bolt.
Tommygunn
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Re: Diagram of Wise Lite new style bolt ?

Post by Tommygunn »

The bolt and bolt carrier surely go back together as they are orientated in your photograph. The cartridge stripping ramp at the top, front of the bolt head and the feed mechanism stud behind it, affixed to the top mid-section of the bolt carrier.
Don't forget to load in your other components.

That is a pretty shoddy response from a company for one of their products!

Tom.
Shelly
Stabsgefreiter
Stabsgefreiter

Post by Shelly »

The parts in question are the large tube at the right and the long flat bar. They can fit inside the carrier in either direction but are not symmetrical on each end

SInce the ends are different I assume they are different for a reason.

I was surprised at their lame reply. They couldn't even explain how to do it. I mentioned I had purchased one of their guns second hand, and had given them the serial number. I just asked for help in putting the bolt back together. They said I could buy a $10 user manual. I asked if the manual had any information on the bolt and they said no... That was it...
Tommygunn
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Tommygunn »

Ah, the photo is cropped on the right. You'll need someone else to put you right on those components.

That is really shitty service especially so with a niche business such as this. I punched in 'Wiselite MG42' on the web and, in the few minutes I looked, it was all negative.

Tom.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Tony something was the former owner of Wiselite. It is now owned by someone else.

For this owner, it doesn't seem to have made much difference. I have to wonder why whoever took it apart didn't pay attention, but a minute or two of support would have been nice.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Shelly
Stabsgefreiter
Stabsgefreiter

Post by Shelly »

I took it apart and normally I do pay attention but for whatever reason I got a couple things jumbled up. Like the big tube looks simple but the inside of the ends are different. You know, you pick it up, it gets turned around in your hand, then you realize hmmmm which way was it facing. A lot of parts only fit one way or the alignment is obvious. Its just one or two parts that are not. And, I was surprised no one could say ok the end with the bevel inside goes forward.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

About the image. On something like this go over the pic and then click your right mouse button and then scroll down to view image and then you will see the complete pic.

Here is the complete pic. If owner objects to this pic repost let me know and I'll remove it.

Later 42rocker
click on pic and it will fill the screen
1.jpg
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Ok, looks like one of the 2 piece firing pin set ups. There are one or more pic drawings of the one pieces set ups on this site. Should go together like a normal one. With following items being different. I don't have one to try this on but here goes.
Small Firing pin should go in like normal, in large hole in bolt head, the ejector pin (small round pin with paddle on end) should go next.Next into the bolt head should be the wedge. Long firing pin goes into the back of the wedge (which should be drilled with a new hole in it), next the long cylinder slides over firing pin. Now the thin part of a cylinder cut item made ride on the outside or inside of the big cylinder, I can't tell from pic. But it must meet the back of the ejector pin. As during the side back of the bolt it strikes the rear and goes forward into the ejector pin which knocks the spent casing out. Then the bolt head carrier slides locking lugs first over everything and locks into the bolt head. There clear as mud. That might work. Again review pics and drawings on this website.

Let us know how it goes.

Later 42rocker
Der Alder
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Der Alder »

I have both a semi auto WLA M53 with the same 2 piece setup along with a home build with the BRP one piece setup.

Shoot me a PM if you have problems getting your WLA M53 back together and I'll walk you through it. I can take pics or you can call me. Shame on WLA for not helping you.

On the charging handle, bear in mind that it has been modified from the original, just as your bolt, carrier, FP and grip internals are very different from the original. Original diagrams or instructions won't do you much good in these areas. The BRP manual is available for download and though it uses a different one piece FP and different carrier, it's FCG and semi auto instructions, including loading may be useful to you as a semi auto owner.

That said it if you have a grinder and a dremel and a set of dial calipers you can modify an original charging handle assembly to match your existing one. It may be easier though to simply add a tack weld onto the one you have to help it engage the semi auto bolt nub better. If you extend it to much it will catch on your FCG (hammer). Both of mine just barely clear it.