M13 links

Anything MG42 related.
KarlT
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter
Anti-spam: Mg42

M13 links

Post by KarlT »

First post here, be kind to the FNG. I'm a regular on Weapons Guild, 1919A4, Belfedshooters, weaponeer, M2HB, others with a similar handle Karl_T (no underscore allowed here)

OK, been bit hard by the MG42 bug and I'm spending all sorts of money on kits and parts. BRP and RTG plus this site are about all I look at right now. I build in batches of five or more weapons.

I have a ton of .308 on M13 links (for the M60 pig) so that is what I'll shoot. Looks to be fine according to my research on this site but this post indicates I may need some special change parts:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7531&p=57444&hilit=m13+link#p57488

I've ordered the MG3 feed tray and top cover. Anything else needed or got it covered?

Karl
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: M13 links

Post by 42rocker »

Karl
Welcome to the site. I'm sure that you will see a few names that you know.

I hope that you saw the links and such on WG as they led to a good deal or two.

We have a lot of great build threads here. Enjoy

Later 42rocker
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

Hello Karl,

What about a "Link-Loader".....kind of hard pushing the rounds into the "links" one-at-a-time.........

Sights calibrated for 7.62x51mm vs. 8x57mm.......different cartridges.

Barrels....(?).

Booster-Cup/"Nozzle" in the correct size.....and if you're doing an SA42....then you'll have to ask guys here on the MG42-Board their recommendation as far as Booster-Cup/"Nozzle" hole-size.

Last.......if you are going to use it for "reenacting" WWII German, you'll need a 2-pcs. Blank-Barrel-Assemble (I have those for sale in 7.62x51mm/.308 down in our For-Sale-Section.).

Regards, RichardS in Bay City, MI
US Army, Retired
Blanksguy2001@charter.net
KarlT
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by KarlT »

Blanksguy wrote:Hello Karl,

What about a "Link-Loader".....kind of hard pushing the rounds into the "links" one-at-a-time.........

Sights calibrated for 7.62x51mm vs. 8x57mm.......different cartridges.

Barrels....(?).

Booster-Cup/"Nozzle" in the correct size.....and if you're doing an SA42....then you'll have to ask guys here on the MG42-Board their recommendation as far as Booster-Cup/"Nozzle" hole-size.

Last.......if you are going to use it for "reenacting" WWII German, you'll need a 2-pcs. Blank-Barrel-Assemble (I have those for sale in 7.62x51mm/.308 down in our For-Sale-Section.).

Regards, RichardS in Bay City, MI
US Army, Retired
Blanksguy2001@charter.net
Thanks for the tips. Got the linking covered. made one that does 1919, FN30, M60, M2HB. Got a fair deal on 7.62 barrel from Numrich. Scored a pallet of .308 brass a while back.

Didn't think about sights. Now I got that to shop for. I'll look for threads on how to build the booster next. Surely this can easily be done on one of my two CNC lathes.

Karl
KarlT
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by KarlT »

OK, I'm back after doing some booster research. Looks like start at 11mm work down to as small as 10 mm for a semi MG3 shooting .308 nozzle diameter.

I found this link on a booster drawing:
http://mg42.us/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=450 ... ing#p34378

Pics won't download for me. Do I have a problem on my 'puter? Or, are they not there any more?

Karl
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Karl
Pics be gone. Hacked and lost one time and an upgrade got some more of them.

Later 42rocker
KarlT
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by KarlT »

Hi, I'M BACK - been locked out of MG42.US for several weeks now. Don't know what changed but the web site works (for me) again.

SPECIAL THANKS TO 42ROCKER

I've been downloading all the build info I can find. I did it all over the last few hours in case it goes down (for me) again. I see 42Rocker does a lot of work here. I appreciate it. I build in the long (MN) winter and plan to this next year. Got plenty of reading for several months now.

FWIW, you'll see me mostly on weapons guild and 1919a4

later (in honor of 42Rocker)
Karl
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Don't know what I did but Thanks for your comments. I try to visit the site several times a day and do what I can.

Later 42rocker
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Karl
Forgot to say - Glad that you can get back on the site again.

Later 42rocker
K98dkmauser
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by K98dkmauser »

KarlT wrote:. I build in the long (MN) winter and plan to this next year. l

not to get off topic but where in MN are ya at :bnija:
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

For myself I used to live in White Bear Lake, Minnesota. Dad was born in Red Wing and my Grandfather and my great grandfather used to live outside of International Falls, Loman Minnesota. So I know a little bid about that Minnesota area. My wife was also born in Minnesota.

My Father moved to this area of Florida and met my Wife here so I'm staying. I like the warm weather.

I guess that was way off topic also. That's life.

Later 42rocker