42 kits

Anything MG42 related.
jstrohm
Leutnant
Leutnant

42 kits

Post by jstrohm »

ive been looking around for prices on 42/53 kits for a couple weeks now and cant really find any. ive got one i want to sell and trying to price it, but cant find any out there to compare to did they all dry up? i have also been looking for a 1919 kit with no real luck and the ones i have found the price is through the roof. these kits use to be all over the place. maybe i have just been out of it for to long.

thanks, any suggetions or comments are appriciated
KABAR2
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter

Re: 42 kits

Post by KABAR2 »

Depends on whats in the kit, how complete, codes etc.... two kits sold at auction two weekends ago
in the 1600 range....
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

jstrohm wrote:ive been looking around for prices on 42/53 kits for a couple weeks now and cant really find any. ive got one i want to sell and trying to price it, but cant find any out there to compare to did they all dry up? i have also been looking for a 1919 kit with no real luck and the ones i have found the price is through the roof. these kits use to be all over the place. maybe i have just been out of it for to long.

The safest bet is to put it on Gunbroker, in your listing explain your want for an 1919a4 kit in trade, honestly the prices are hot and cold, last spring centerfire's kits were at $199 (de-mill barrel & no bipod), and they were being flipped on Gunbroker for as much as $400, now guys still try to sell them on Gb for $275-$350, but not a lot of takers these days.

Yours has the barrel and bipod, it adds value but the demand is depressed, maybe people are tired of the rear receiver shells as the only option, maybe money is just very tight? Anyway if your listing is there at a starting price you are comfortable with, then at least people are looking at it, last time I saw a kit like yours sell w/ the barrel and bipod was last spring on GB, (which for fun I check often) and the price was lower than I expected.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
scamg34
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by scamg34 »

jstrohm wrote:ive been looking around for prices on 42/53 kits for a couple weeks now and cant really find any. ive got one i want to sell and trying to price it, but cant find any out there to compare to did they all dry up? i have also been looking for a 1919 kit with no real luck and the ones i have found the price is through the roof. these kits use to be all over the place. maybe i have just been out of it for to long.

centerfire just relisted the kits for 499,I bought one a month or so ago for 250,barrels are drilled ,stocks are chipped and no bipod with kit you can buy a bipod separtaely for 39.95there,parts are worn but I would say in good condition,whether they are worth 500 is another question,but there arent to many around
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

scamg34
Welcome to the site. Thanks for your update on what you received in your kit and the new price.
Good Luck with your build.

Later 42rocker
scamg34
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter

Post by scamg34 »

mg34 has some full kits for 695,the condition of parts are excellant but the shroud is cut on the front past the bushing and the rear is cut in the trunnion area,I bought 3 kits so far from them,I found a shroud for one of them so far cost me 150,if your kit has the trunnion area intact and only the bushing area in the front cut it should be an easy sell in the 5 to 600 range
scamg34
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter

Post by scamg34 »

I think sarco has some 1919 kits in 306 or 308,I think they are going for about a grand,if you would like to send me a pic I can give you an idea of what I think its worth,I have 7 m53 kits and one mg42 and I have bought them recently so I should have a fair idea what you can get