Take my WLA M53 and fix it!!! Please

Anything MG42 related.
volgrimmer

Re: Take my WLA M53 and fix it!!! Please

Post by volgrimmer »

bbrown wrote:
volgrimmer wrote:so if you have any customer at this moment with WLA 42's or 53's that are under warranty, you might ask them to call me before you do any work on them, we can get it all figured out.
What if it's out of warranty?

Bryan
if its out of warranty, we can look back and see what repairs were done, and if the intial problem wasn't fixed we can look at those case by case. as long as someone other than wise lite hasn't made major modifications it shouldn't be a problem to come to a solution that will be acceptable to the customer. please tell if you feel that is wrong, my feeling on it is, if a friend of a friend thought they understood the problem and did repairs on something they didn't really understand, they could have done more damage to the weapon, then that would open a pandoras box of my having to fix damage that others have done. i'm willing to work with customers on problems.
1fozziebear
Stabsgefreiter
Stabsgefreiter
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by 1fozziebear »

All,

I know this post has gathered some momentum. I appreciate everyone's interest. I spoke to Volgrimmer on the phone today. He has backed up everything on this forum over the phone to me. It truly seems like WLA is trying to make things right to all of us. Now with that being said, I cannot speak of how or if they will address all problems, even mine at this point. For now, Flemgunner has my WLA M53 and with him it'll stay unless it can't be fixed. A deal between myself and Flem is a deal.

Volgrimmer was cordial and expressed regret over the bad weapons that made it out to the market. He has a plan in place to move forward in the right direction and gain market trust again through new products and customer service.

I asked him if he cared if I made this post. It was my choice. I think we all benefit from another manufacturer stepping up to the plate, taking the lumps and coming out stronger. This is a relatively small community (beltfed addiction). I'd rather see a ship change course than sink.

I'm looking forward to shooting my M53.

Thanks
1fozziebear
bbrown
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by bbrown »

volgrimmer wrote:
bbrown wrote:What if it's out of warranty?
if its out of warranty, we can look back and see what repairs were done, and if the intial problem wasn't fixed we can look at those case by case. as long as someone other than wise lite hasn't made major modifications it shouldn't be a problem to come to a solution that will be acceptable to the customer. please tell if you feel that is wrong, my feeling on it is, if a friend of a friend thought they understood the problem and did repairs on something they didn't really understand, they could have done more damage to the weapon, then that would open a pandoras box of my having to fix damage that others have done. i'm willing to work with customers on problems.
Yes, I think that's a fair and businesslike approach. Thanks for the information.

Bryan
1fozziebear
Stabsgefreiter
Stabsgefreiter

Post by 1fozziebear »

Well guys. I heard from WLA. My M53 is being mailed back after all this time. It's been about 14 months to the day since it was sent it for warranty work. It has to make a round-about trip back to me, but I am excited to see if it works and finally shoot it.

Even though I've been miffed for over a year, I am grateful that they took it in and hopefully (I will validate) fixed it.

I'll let you guys know how it shoots.

Fozzie
roadrunner
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by roadrunner »

Wow Fozzie, You've been a patient son of a gun. 14 months [diz] Don't know how you did it. Well, I sure hope it works well for you. Last thing you want to do is send it back again. Good luck and keep us in the loop.
HKARAK
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Post by HKARAK »

Amazing! Remember reading the posts as they appeared way back. Wondered how it played out. Look forward to hearing how it turned out ...........hoping its a great ending/ new beginning for you.
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Wow, accolades to Wise Lite Arms.

They could have very easily washed their hands of your gun and so many others, or even reformed under a different incarnation to avoid warranty/liability.

That is earning good will the hard way. 8)
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
1fozziebear
Stabsgefreiter
Stabsgefreiter

Post by 1fozziebear »

Not trying to drag this thread on forever but I'd be dishonest not to finish it.

After the global warming polar vortex has left and then recent flash storms in Missouri I finally fired the weapon.
I, like most have a stash of 50's Yugo ammo. I appeared as if I was going to be unhappy with the rifle at first. The symptoms appeared to be gone, bolt falling out of rails, etc. Wiselite fixed that and other issues with it that were there since new. Remember I bought it new old stock. The rifle did not like Yugo 50's vintage at all. Miff'd I open a crate of Romy and pulled out 60 rounds. Loaded them up and fired them all. There might have been a FTF but I put them back in the belt and they went on the 2nd attempt. All in all I'm happy this ordeal is over. I'd be happier if it chewed on Yugo like a fat chick on a corndog, but at least it's shooting and so ends the drama.

Wiselte did warranty their work on the new rifle and I have to be thankful for that. They deserve kudos for that, however the length of time and lack of communication on the issue plus stating it would be done over and over at a given time and constantly missing those dates leaves me with nothing more than satisfaction that this is over.

Thanks
Fozzie
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Main thing is that you have it back and it's shooting Romie ammo.. RaRa
Good Luck with it!!

Later 42rocker
flemgunner