Is WLA selling off mg42 mfg?

Anything MG42 related.
waffendude
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Is WLA selling off mg42 mfg?

Post by waffendude »

i found this on gb ---thought some of you guys might know whats up it ? ?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =238888313
i dont have 25k though---i think WLA is in boyd tx.
anyone know if i'm right?
waffen
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: Is WLA selling off mg42 mfg?

Post by 42rocker »

Saw that auction the other day and also looked in my pocket. Found some pocket lint and no $25,000..... So will have to keep doing things my way. Sounds like it was a major company and the first one that came to my mind also was wiselite... Anyone else want to confirm this? The only thing that I remember is wiselite is in Texas, also.
Hope that someone picks this up and runs with it. Shame but trying to keep the doors open in this current era of change is hard.

Later 42rocker
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

That is the owner of Wiselite,Tony.That's all I know.They shut down the project and were doing some using customer parts for a while. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by JBaum »

Yup, Wiselite is in Boyd, TX
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
TactAdv
Major
Major

Post by TactAdv »

Bil wrote:They shut down the project and were doing some using customer parts for a while. ---bil
And, this, is precisely why this is a VERY substantial risk to any second-tier buyer of the project. As WiseLite has found out (or anyone else in a similar situation), the money stops rolling in when the base supply of inexpensive and abundant parts-kits is exhausted. These parts-kits are now in the 4th tier level of supply, the retail customers, and there is simply no predictable way to ascertain when, where, how, or even if enough of these retail customers will contact them and be willing to supply their privately owned kits now, and also be willing to pay the necessarily increased costs of conversion into a complete semi-auto firearm.

In order for any such project to be financially sustainable, the conversion process must continue on unbroken with large scale parts making and assembly efforts. One cannot simply wait around hoping to get to build 2-3 guns per month, if that. Once the machines are turned off, any such project becomes cost-prohibitive, and turns into a labor-of-love enterprise, which by and large, describes the entire industry for S/A conversions.

Being shall we say, slightly aware of the situation, there are simply no more remaining overseas supplies of surplus guns left to mine. It's a period that has run its course and is over. What is here is here, in the bigger picture.

25K for such a project is probably not enough to recover the total investment made when all is considered, yet in light of a serious lack of potential to generate even that in future profits it strikes me as considerably coming down on the side of wishful thinking.

-TomH
Vieles ist bekannt, dass ist nicht offenbart.